C-GO3 4K Camera upgrade program!

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by midego, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Well I sure hope so. We all have seen Yuneecs promises before and for some reason they don't come true. According to Ryan they only have a box or two for repairs and upgrades. Hopefully you get one.

2. rickdean

rickdean Member

Boxed and ready to ship in the morning Priority Mail 2 day from Kansas. I've been doing some work for a local realtor and anxious to get the new camera.

3. rickdean

rickdean Member

Question. My CGO2 worked great, however the saturation of yellows and greens were difficult to deal with. Does anyone know if the CGO3 is better with the color balance?

Just sent my CGO2+ for upgrade to the CGO3. Hope the return is quick, I do photos for a local real estate fellow.

4. Jagerbomb52

From what has been said on the internet if you lock in the white balance the pictures come out great but if you leave it in auto you have the same problems.

5. bobps47

bobps47 Active Member

Lock in + or - what??

6. Jagerbomb52

Don't know ...its in the settings someplace. Don't have the 4K yet so I couldn't tell you about all the settings.

7. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

ON thew screen , left side, there are lots of choices. there is a tab for lock. Thats it

8. Wyaatt24

Wyaatt24 New Member

I wonder if this same deal could work for the CGO 2+ on a Blade Chroma

9. rickdean

rickdean Member

Yuneec Customer Service is the Best! Sent my CGO2+ Camera and handheld to them on Saturday from Kansas, priority mail, they received it Monday, today, Tuesday evening I got a shipping notification from them. Wow! My 4k camera and handheld is on its way. 2 day service. Thanks Yuneec!

10. Wyaatt24

Wyaatt24 New Member

I called Yuneec today and spoke with Sandy, after a good talk she looked into this and yes it's $299.99 for the CGO2+ which is what I have and my phone lost signal 3 times and each time that I called back she was still very pleasant and took the time to answer my questions. She gave me my RMA number over the phone and said that someone would call me back probably next week. Well it didn't take long I received an email this afternoon with the return shipping label to send back my old camera and the hand held unit. Will be sending it back on Monday and hope for a fast turn around.

11. Sco

ScottM New Member

I received my 4k upgrade. It took about a week from when it left my house to when the new camera and grip arrived. I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

I noticed that the camera did not come with a camera cover/lock, and I sent my old one in with the upgrade. Should I have kept it, I wonder?

I also noticed that the gimbal board seems much less exposed on the 4k camera. That looks like a definite improvement.

12. mar

marco899 Member

For the European people:
    Dear,

i am still sorry to give you the bad news but the upgrade progamm did not start yet for the EU.

At the moment i have not offical release date for the update programm but asap we will have the date, we will let our customers know.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best Regards

13. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

OK I got mine in US so I should still qualify is that correct? paid my US taxes no in EU..

14. Laserdoc

Laserdoc Active Member

How much is Yuneec charging for the upgrade from the CGo2 to the CGO3 ? Is it 299 ? I can use the same controller right? Whats different on the steady grip from my 500+ to the CGO3 one?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  15. mrburns

YOu all want to hang on a minute while they relook at the upgrade program. As I mentioned before you should have the steadygrip as well. SO lets see what they come back with as pricing.

Hopefully no change

16. Laserdoc

Laserdoc Active Member

got my upgrade coming next week. When I get it what exactly needs to be done when I fire it up. What do I need to do on my ST10. Just bind it and fly? White balance ,FPS etc.... . what is the best??

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  17. mrburns

Just bind the camera,

Select either CGO3 or CGO3 mode. CGo3 mode gives far greater control of creative settings.

Thats it.

Very happy flying.

18. dezo el

dezo el New Member

GoPro-camer-around-image....not-good

19. thi

thinkjon New Member

I like to know a little more DETAILS on the upgrade from the CGO2+ swapping out to CGO3 4K.

01. I understand most of the specs between the cameras as listed in this thread, but can you SPECIALLY tell me what improvement controls will the camera have? Such as IOS, White balance, Lock White balance, shutter speed and so on. Please list ALL of the control features. This is important and my main interest to upgrade is to control the camera for BETTER videography. Yuneec website doesn't list the camera controls settings for the CG03 4K, if they do please share the link or copy and paste them here.

02. I also like to better understand the wire cables and the the hot swap connections. It looks like the CGO3 4K uses a hot swap connection of some sort where as my Q500+ does not, requires a wire connection. So will the CGO3 4K still use the cable connection with my Q500+?

03. Does upgrading include the plastic camera lock cover? I've read my CGO2+ cover will not fit the CGO3 4K.

04. What about the steady grip, same concern with the wire cables listed in number 2. Can I even use the same steady grip that came with my Q500+ with the CGO3 4K? IF not, does the steady grip for the CGO 4K come with the trade? Does anyone know if there is a new steady grip does it come with a rechargable LiPO battery than the 8 recharging AAA batteries?

05. Just to be sure, the CGO3 4K will work seamlessly with the ST10+ transmitter, correct? Any firmware upgrades ect.

06. Lastly, the gimbal and camera is all in one swap - just checking.

Crazy for all these questions, but you would think they be listed on Yuneec website, but I can't find the answers.

Hopefully, someone from Yuneec is watching this post and can answer these questions.

20. Harlan Bentley

Harlan Bentley New Member

Hi, I just bought this off of EBAY and it is the same camera and Gimbal that comes with the 4 K drone. The steady grip is the one with the LIPO battery and looks a lot better. Also, the carrying case is just like the hard case that came with the Drone. For the price, you can't beat this deal. It does not come with the Gimbal Lock but that can be bought from Carolina Dronez or other retailer for not much money. The kit also comes with the cable attachment so it just plugs into the Drone and works great. It does require that you bind the camera to the Controller if you put it on the Drone but that's easy and in the instruction manual of the Drone. Then you can sell your CGO 2+ and steady grip for a couple of hundred and the Camera upgrade will cost much less.

I'm really glad I bought this and have used it on the Steady Grip and the Drone with great success.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuneec-Typh...2a362&pid=100011&rk=11&rkt=18&sd=331963164850

Davidnclearlaketx likes this.