Antenna Kits

Discussion in 'ST10(+) Controller' started by Bensven, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Flyingcom

Flyingcom New Member

Thank you very much!

2. Flyingcom

Flyingcom New Member

Has anyone tried ITELITE DBS Antenna at all? How does that compare if known? I am thinking of upgrading however confused. :/

3. rap

rapterman#1 Member

ITELITE DBS Antenna me too looks like some say no some say yes?

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

I have seen some who say they work great and others that say they improved just a little bit.
    I think running the boosters makes all the difference in the world.

Flyingcom likes this.
  5. Rnlcomp

Rnlcomp Active Member

Could you possibly post what changes you made? I saw some tx and rx settings while I was inside the Android system on the controller, is that where you made changes? Appreciate if you would share.

6. Rnlcomp

Rnlcomp Active Member

Update: I emailed Frank at carolinadronz where I got the itelite dbs antenna and he asked to see pics of the wiring inside the controller to see about trouble shooting the problem, it turns out the wifi cable for the antenna was crossed over on top of the gps cable, never occurred there would be any issue as coax is supposed to be shielded, well he told me to separate those two wires which I did and now I'm hitting the 1+ mile mark @400' up with video and hardly any lag and still could have gone farther but I'm still breaking in the batts and was already almost 5 mins out, hit the home switch and she came right back with no issues at all, recording all the way there and back.

I am extremely happy with the added range of this antenna kit and highly recommend it to any one.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  7. Goldnijn

Goldnijn Member

@ Rnlcomp

Can you upload the pics you got, seems to have the same problem.
    Thanks.

8. Rnlcomp

Rnlcomp Active Member

Notice the black wifi cable and grey gps cable how close they were to each other and you can't really see it clearly but they cross over each other on the other side of the board, need those two cables as far away from each other as possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Goldnijn

Goldnijn Member

I will look after tomorrow and bring an update. Thanks again.

10. Wieg1

Wieg1 Member

I had some problems with the reception of telemetry on the ST10 to large distances, over 4000 feet.
    For this reason I have carried out some tests with many antennas on the transmitter and also on the Q500.
    I came to the conclusion that it is useless to replace or modify the antenna of Q500.
    The best antennas on the ST10 as a result of my tests are those of bartextreme made in Poland, sold on ebay and already tested and appreciated by Jagerbomb52.

11. Flyingcom

Flyingcom New Member

I have been reading and studying for a long time now antennas and communication of electronics. I even bought a radio receiver listening Airplanes frequencies from home. Yuneec has already placed a good antenna into their system within the law and regulations. I believe flying within the line of sight is adequate therefore one does not need this any areial modifications. 4000 feet is 1.2km (1200m) and I think it is a sufficient distance for any flying object, any more than this amount of distance would harm your drone or a member of a public if an accident happens. The news/media is already reporting almost everyday, a drone has been spotted here and there and a drone fell off the sky etc. We will soon be banned using our drones totally if we cannot conquer our egos of flying high and far. Imaging 10 years ago, what did you do..? It was impossible to fly and take videos and photographs unless you owned a helicopter or a plane. I would highly encourage everyone to stop trying to fly high and far! And save your money for a battery instead of modifications... Peace!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  12. Jagerbomb52

Flyincom
    Don't ever private message me again and start preaching about flying my quad. I don't appreciate being lectured to in a private message and if this is why you join this forum I suggest you just move on.

13. Liam Strain

Liam Strain Member

Jagerbomb52 - If you don't mind sharing, I went back through and didn't see a link to where you sourced your antenna (just "a friend in Poland")? Is his shop up? And are you using boosters?

Thanks much.

14. Jagerbomb52

Liam Strain likes this.
  15. Liam Strain

Liam Strain Member

Much appreciated. :)

16. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

hmmm that sure got the site changed up lol

17. Flyingcom

Flyingcom New Member

Jagerbomb52

It was the forum asked me to insert someone's address in order to post a new thread as your name was here (so called well-known - I know why what for) I used it. My apology if I woke you up! It was not a private message basically, but the system alerted you I guess with a message.

It wasn't about lecturing anyone here but trying to address an important fact and even perhaps to help some people to save some money on this. There is a lot of positives in my words/views but shame you interpreted negatively.

Do you own the forum by any chance? Even if so, you don't dare shushing anyone from any forum but yourself (if unhappy)! This is not your backyard but a public forum/information sharing platform and everyone has/are entitled to their views. Democracy on another word! Shame on you that there are people like you in this world. Grow up, not old! And get positive I'd say.

18. Colin

Colin Active Member

And you're preaching to us about "big egos"? Jagerbomb's mistake in thinking you'd messaged him deliberately was just as honestly made as yours was in copying a public post to him in the first place so for the good of the forum please get off your high horse make yourself a cuppa and lighten up.

Col.

19. Jagerbomb52

Mr Flyingcom
    You don't know me and you have no idea why people might want to improve the video link to the tx. You seem to think your a safer flyer for keeping your equipment stock. This is not always true. By increasing the range gives the operator the advantage of operating his quad in areas with hi interference safer than your stock tx. I did not modify my quad so I can go long range flying but yes I have tested it out and where I have tested it it is in the middle of nowhere. I do not fly over 400 feet either. Aerio video and photos are useless at that elevation.
    Have yourself a good day Sir. I did not wake up today to have a fight with someone a forum.

20. Flyingcom

Flyingcom New Member

Have you made yourself a cuppa?

No one denies that he made a mistake once but then he wrote on both posts abusive comments. Who really needs that cuppa..?

Anyone else..?