Best program to use for video editing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by brandonnacosta, Jul 20, 2016.

1. bra

brandonnacosta New Member

Hey guys just got a Yuneec q500 4K and I'm not sure what program to download to edit and upload them to social media.. Any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

I bit the bullet and actually bought my first video editing software. I'm a bit of a pirate when it comes to software so buying software was a first for me. :)
    anyways I bought cyberlink powerdirector 14 and really like how easy it is to use. They always seem to have it on sale so shop around.

3. bra

brandonnacosta New Member

Thank you man, I sure will!

4. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

jager how does it do with the 4k videos and pics ?

5. Jagerbomb52

Cyborlink 14 is all setup for 4K video. For editing photos I would use something like Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop.

lonjsnyder likes this.
  6. RAH

RAHAlpha Member

FYI, at least for a time, you could get a free copy of Magix Fast Cut when you buy a Yuneec. Check out

http://www.yuneec.de/software-license/

I did and got the license in the mail in about 2 weeks. While waiting, you can use the free trial.

That said, just about all of the editing programs offer a 30 day trial so you might want to download a couple trials to play with first and see what you like best. I have tried most of the popular ones and I actually like Magix Movie Edit Pro Premium best. Let me say why. I like all the possibilities of transitions, effects, etc. that most of the programs offer. But I also wanted the best one I could find for editing not just the flow, effects, etc but also the quality of the video/photos as well. Movie Edit Pro Premium is the best one for that (IMO). You can adjust color, brightness, contrast, etc and it even has an adjustment for a (semi) HDR look, which is basically just pulling up the dark parts and toning down the bright stuff. You can apply it to separate parts of your video or to the whole thing. Out of, I think, 5 or 6 programs I tried, it's the only one with that much control over the actual look and quality of the video (Fastcut lets you do a little of that too.)

So, if you want quality adjustments as well as the cool transitions/effects/etc, try Magix.

7. Jagerbomb52

That offer is only good if you live in the EU. Here in North America no such luck, I tried when I bought my second Typhoon. Guess they can't afford a stamp to this side of the pond :)

8. RAH

RAHAlpha Member

Well it worked for me a month ago and, unless something changed, New Mexico is still in the U.S. o_O

9. Jagerbomb52

Didnt work for me. Don't matter as I had a pirated full version one to try and it was crap :)

10. RAH

RAHAlpha Member

Interesting that you are so open here about violating federal law with your software pirating claims.

David Hoegen likes this.
  11. ^pomen_GTR^

^pomen_GTR^ Active Member

wondershare filmora also 4k capable

12. Kenny_D

Kenny_D New Member

Is anybody using DaVinci? It's freeware.

13. Jagerbomb52

LOL
    Yup once a pirate always a pirate.
    Like I said I bought my software or did you not read that part. If I like the software I will buy it. I didn't like that software so I deleted it.
    I hate preachers c636d8f4.gif

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    wherry likes this.
  14. Cody_220

Cody_220 New Member

I use iMovie for IPhone6 and it works really well for editing. I bought a SD card adapter for my phone and then I choose the videos and pictures I want and upload it to my phone. Although I can't watch 120fps directly on my phone, I can however edit and watch them in the app itself. Then uploading to social media is cake.

15. Rob Tesnear

Rob Tesnear Member

Preachers hate the sin theft. Depends on how one views the world.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    David Hoegen likes this.
  16. dwi

dwiener Member

The free version of DaVinci is very good with one caveat it will only handle video up to UHD. For full 4k You need the paid Studio version

17. Jagerbomb52

Oh I know where to get that for free..........Oh wait I don't want God to strike me down, never mind :)

monterx7 likes this.
  18. Rob Tesnear

Rob Tesnear Member

You may not be at the striking down point yet. But way to avoid that 'reminder'. That shit hurts . . or so I'm told. :)

David Hoegen likes this.
  19. dwi

dwiener Member

To clarify you can edit the 4k footage, but can't export greater than UHD

20. RAH

RAHAlpha Member

Hey Rob. I appreciate your comments.
    Jager, another interesting point. When I commented on your federal crime, I was speaking from the background of being retired from federal law enforcement where I worked computer crimes for my last 2 years +. So the interesting part is that you responded from a religious perspective. Maybe there is hope for you in that your conscience, from that perspective, is working a little. Either way, God Bless.

Re the actual topic, of all the programs I tried, DaVinci wasn't one of them. I'll have to try that one before my 30 day (free and legal) trial on the Magix program runs out. Also, I did some testing of the different camera settings for stills both with the Q500 4K (claims to be a 12MB camera) and a Chroma 4K (claims to be a 16MB camera). The Q 4K only saves JPEGS at less than 2MB which is a lot of compression/down sizing. The Chroma saves JPEGS at over 5MB which, obviously, is much less compression/downsizing which leaves you a lot more information to access in post processing. Both cameras save DNGs at about 22MB (though LR thinks there is only about 12MB there). DNG is the way to go if you're into post, but JPEG (Gorgeous setting) is best if you're not.

Rob Tesnear likes this.