Best program to use for video editing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by brandonnacosta, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Just remember to delete all those MP3 files you downloaded and the free movies you downloaded for free and your good to go to heaven so I'm told. :)

2. Mic

Michael Jay New Member

If you want free, light-works works, but is not very user-friendly. If you want free and are a Mac person, I believe that they come with iMovie which is fine for simple edits. If you are willing to pay for a video editing software, final cut is pretty good, but my favorite is Adobe Premiere Pro.

3. San

Sanark New Member

4. San

Sanark New Member

Hi guys, brand new on this forum, just posting in the hope it will help someone, Jagerbomber52, the full suite Cyberlink Director Suite 3 (4 is current product) has some significant offerings in particular Photo Director 6, I got mine for $90, my mate uses Power Director 11 and gets great results, easy to use no experience required, very intuitive and huge support from Cyberlink with many factory extras available free.

5. sh4

sh44 Active Member

FWIW I've seen several very nice videos made with Windows Movie Maker. It doesn't come pre-installed with Win10, but it's my understanding it's a free download from MicroSoft. I was preparing to buy the Sony Pro app (can't think of the full name at the moment), but intend to check out WMM first. For 'quicky' ops, I've been using the freebie from the App Store called Video Editor Master, and while it's adequate after you figure out the what's & how's, I don't much like it. There's another from the Store I've just installed but haven't done anything with it, named Video Maker Video Show that claims to be good for sharing output on social media. You might give that a look also.
    Good luck!

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

I have Final Cut Pro running on a couple of late iMacs but my favorite editing software is iMovie HD. It's very difficult to find a copy of it now because Apple no longer offers it, in fact they nearly have forced it away from everyone but forcing a lesser (and weaker) version that allows little creative freedom. I shoot in 4K and it takes a lot of time to dump the video into the Mac during editing but GOD the video is incredible.

I don't use Windows based computers so I have no idea regarding that platform.

I made this video with iMove HD... Please note, everything I do in video these days is best described as "whimsical".

amphora71 likes this.
  7. klo

klondo New Member

I've been using Windows Movie Maker myself until I see a need to change it..