Breeze 4K: My second flight ends up in a lake :(

Discussion in 'Breeze' started by Mike R, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

Ya i'm not crazy about the app either. Having the manual inside the app sucks. Not sure if its online but I could not find one. About having just the one option to fly in the app there is a Task Confirmation page that you check off the different modes. Is it possible that the only one that was checked off was pilot mode? I really don't know what those little sliders do? noidea.gif

Screenshot_2016-12-18-10-08-50.png

2. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Active Member

I would say that with the Breeze being so new that Yuneec probably does not know much about how it is going to react in the hands of a pilot. I am surprised to hear you cannot view the telemetry files. Is this something that Yuneec has done to prevent us from seeing them?

3. Jagerbomb52

From another breeze owner:
    "
    For the iPhone/iPad it works on the Mac as follows:
    - you need to look INTO the iPhone/iPad with an app like iExplorer.app or PhoneView.app.
    - there you can find the Breeze app.
    - INSIDE the Breeze app you will find a FlightLog folder
    - in this folder all the flight logs are present."

So you can view the file but you cannot export it.

From another breeze user he said:
    "There is NO export facility for the flight logs on the Breeze. I asked this questions to Yuneec and the answer was NO. Pity really. but there it is...for now anyway."

Here is what you see in the file.

Flightlog01.jpg Flightlog02.jpg

4. Mik

Mike R New Member

Seems weird if they defaulted to PILOT mode and other modes had to be enabled - since riskiest mode seems to be this PILOT mode. From my memory on that day - I also thought it odd that there wasn't a display showing how many GPS sats it was locked on. Again, if they had displayed a good warning when I attempted to use PILOT mode it might have made me go thru the online tutorials first. I imagine this is going to happen to others too, as the impulse to fly your new drone is far greater than reading thru online tutorials. IMO they need to have a "new user" mode that holds your hand thru every step, displays all appropriate warnings etc...

5. Mik

Mike R New Member

It would be nice if Yuneec had staff that responded on this forum...

6. Jagerbomb52

7. Mik

Mike R New Member

That's so weird that they limit he Breeze to such short distances. I can understand limiting the altitude, but why not use the full capabilities of modern wifi?

Just tried to upload flight log from my Breeze on an iPad, but it still reports "upload log to server failed". Now that's a real helpful error message :(. Yuneec staff - can you offer some help please?

8. Jagerbomb52

Hey Mike I really understand your frustration but to get a fast answer give Yuneec a call. They are pretty fast at answering the calls lately. The chances of Yuneec CS stopping by are slim. Not saying they have not before but we have not seen them around here for a very long time. Must be busy manning the phones from all the problem :)
    Good luck man.

9. twowingers

twowingers Member

Check with yuneec may help u with a new one

10. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

It would only be a software problem to get a drone to retrace to signal. It might look a little funny in the sky, but it would save a lot of drones. Of course, maybe the manufacturer wouldn't want to "Save Drones".

11. Dan

Dan Belick New Member

I really enjoy flying my demo Breeze, as I can fly almost anywhere without a hassle. Unlike when I fly my Typhoon H, Inspire 1, Phantom 4 pro, or Splashdrone demos, most fields and parks are flight friendly for something so small.

That being said, pilot mode can be used with or without GPS. You turn GPS off for indoors. What was yours at the time? If the Breeze loses the connection with your device, it hovers for a minute, waiting to reconnect (you move toward it if out of range). After that , if GPS is on and a home point is set, it flies back and lands. This is the setup it uses for the additional easy to use non-pilot modes.

Flying over water, all bets are off as far as it's ability to maintain it's altitude. It just wasn't made for that. I can fly my phantom out off a cliff, over the pacific, and as long as I have done a proper job of compass calibration, all is BUENO! The breeze, well maybe...

Did you do all the calibrations prior to this flight? I do them EVERY time, I want no issues with any machines, especially with an interested group of newbies ready to purchase. Any time a drone flies even the least bit quirky, I land, restart, and do full calibration. Just like an aircraft, I want no issues in the sky.

The Breeze also has a selection slider that allows you to reverse flight orientation. You fly backwards, but the controls are forwards. Are you sure you were properly oriented in respect to the direction of the drone? This is easy to get off, and is the number one reason for flyaways and crashes. It still happens to me sometimes...Hate to admit that!

I just took out the Breeze, and turned off my phone mid flight. It hovered, them returned and landed. Whew! I had hoped it worked like the book says!

Hope this helps you,

Dan at ThynkDrones.com

Codestar7 likes this.
  12. Nei

Neil O'Rourke New Member

Most WiFi drones on the market seem to have a range of about 100' = 300m. The WiFi transmitter in a phone (or tablet) is certainly nothing like what a good router gives.

13. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

I know you meant well, but 100 feet is 30.48 meters, however 100 meters is about 300 feet, actually, 328.084 feet.

DroneClone likes this.
  14. Pat

PatR Active Member

It would be even nicer if people that encountered a problem first contacted Yuneec about the problem and then discussed both the problem and the company response in an open forum.

Forums are great for exchanging information but when the article is lost for unexplained reasons the manufacturer will be the only one to resolve it.

15. hel

helmsalee.online New Member

You can use pilot mode outdoors, but you should have the gps turned on. I've had mine go out of range on pilot mode and it did exactly what it said it would - it hovered for a minute, then returned to where it took off from. Did you calibrate your compass and gps before you flew it? Maybe the gps wasn't calibrated properly and it got confused?

16. Raymond324

Raymond324 New Member

Hello Mike I'm some what new to drones i have been flying for about a year but i also bought the Breeze 4K and i do fly in pilot mode and found that you must calibrate the compass first before you fly and there is two buttons on the app one is to land were you are hovering and the other is fly home then land so make sure you hit the right one i my self hit the land now one and i had to stop it and i took the flight back over because it was going to land in the street. I also found that when i fly with my IPad mini it goes all over and won't fly very well and i will lose control but when i fly it with my android cell phone it flies like a champ and i never have any problems i don't know if that has to do with the wifi signal but i do get a better signal on my phone so it could be the cause, you my want to check the settings on app for what the drone is to do when signal is lost. This drone is not one for flying far it's more a selfie camera drone and for quick flights because you only get about 10 mins of flight time not like the bigger boys that get 25 mins and they say this is a good beginner drone i hope this helps good luck Ray.

17. Auro Pastrana

Auro Pastrana New Member

I've flown my Breeze around 80 meters away and 56 meter altitude with no problem.
    As far as I know, Pilot Mode does not cancel GPS, but it's the only mode that CAN be used without GPS since the other modes are designed FOR GPS.

Pilot Mode can be used with or without GPS, that's why it's the only mode for indoor flight.

Use GPS in pilot mode when outdoors.