C-GO3 Broken Gimbal wire repair - pre-emptive modification

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Sticks, Feb 10, 2016.

1. mit

mithra0xE8 New Member

Hilarious - this happened to me on Day Two and the photos of the ruined trace could have just as well been mine. I thought I'd resolder it but after seeing PWM peeled back I had no luck. I was amazed that the thing still worked when reassembled, and then realized the pigtail was redundant. Clearly this happened before haha. You'd think though from an engineering standpoint they'd have gone ahead and made the OP 's tear-away modification when they added the redundant connector. Surely it isn't good to rip wires out along with their solder pads and traces.

2. Mic

Michael Jay New Member

I must stress that althought it works with the wire, please be sure to trim any remnants of traces or wiring that are hanging from the pcb so as to avoid possible irreparable damage to the board if anything were to touch.

3. Jer

Jerry7111 New Member

Thanks for the important info regarding the breaking of the tiny wires between camera and gimbal. I too, experienced the issue and have most of the wires soldiered back into place with the exception of the GND(ground). I am having trouble getting the gnd to make the contact due to a cold solider joint, etc. I also noticed, in YOUR photos, the small white box located right next to the 3 connections. That "white" box is a plug, a simple 3 connector plug, which would eliminate re-soldiering the tiny wires to the PCB. There is a "great" electronics store in Houston, named EPO (Electronics Parts Outlet) that I will investigate Monday, to see if they have any of those tiny (female) pig tales. I will post my results upon my conclusion. ALSO... I intend to use zip ties - loosely of course - to prevent the separation of camera from mount, again. Seems my crash damage was limited to the weight of the camera, pulling through the small rubber bushings, thereby ripping the camera wires from the PCB. So far, I have camera and video function, but do not have tilt on said camera. :( Darn the bad luck. Captain Jerry
    INFO about me.... I am ex-Navy, Electronics Tech, back before Bill Gates invented the famous PC. I worked on Airport Radar, communications, etc. from 1976-1981. I "still" play with my electronics and set up my network, and my security cameras/DVR on my own property. I fly REAL Helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, auto-gyros, and I am an avid sailor, hence the Capt Jerry. LOL Hey, I may not be as savy as the new guys coming up with this stuff, but I don't lag behind by much. Thanks again for the info and "happy flying" no mater what you fly. :)

4. Che

Cheng Mark New Member

Hey Guy's
    Im looking to see if anyone has had a similar problem as I'm having. I broke the camera and gimble off and did the repair exactly as described above. The camera is working fine but the gimble motors are not. I have already re-binded it to my ST-10 and re- loaded firmware but still getting no movement at al from the gimble.
    Is the any help out there on this issue?

5. Mic

Michael Jay New Member

Nope
    No, I've seen this before. If there is light/power on the camera, but not on the gimbal board, it's a goner. You would have to send it in and get a new board. The gimbal board IC is no longer operational.

6. sky

skypuppy7 Member

(aggravating) trivia: Bill Gates did NOT invent the PC. IBM invented the PC, but not the first personal microcomputer. Bill Gates' partner took CP/M and modified ti to work with the PC. Gates was only the front man.

7. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

And this is important info for this thread? Interesting but totally useless info
    Whats your point?