CGO3 Video Modes Quick Reference

Discussion in 'C-GO3' started by Wingshooter, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Active Member

PDF Files to help you with the settings of the CGO3 Camera for the Typhoon 4k.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Tags:
  2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Wingshooter,

Thanks for this. A great summary. I will make it a sticky.

3. GedZju

GedZju New Member

Unable to take a photo while recording video in any resolution.. :/ CGO3 Firmware 1.8 Standart.

4. Wingshooter

You cannot take a Picture while recording Video. You must stop the Video Recording first to snap the picture.

Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  5. EGroot

EGroot Member

I have yet to install my upgraded 4K camera. If my St10+ has a video button and a picture button, what steps are taken to take a picture in video mode?

6. Wingshooter

You will need to Stop Recording to take a picture while in Video Mode. This only works in 1920x1080 120fps and above video resolutions. You cannot take a picture in Video Mode in the lower resolutions. In order to do that you have to switch to Picture Mode.

Chris Moss likes this.
  7. Wingshooter

I have created another sheet which explains the Camera Settings that pertain to exposure. Exposure is hit or miss with this camera. First off there is no control for F-Stops. Only the ISO and Shutter Speed can be controlled. You can also dial in Exposure Compensation (EV) and the white balance. These cameras use what is called a rolling shutter. What this means if you try to set the ISO, Shutter Speed or EV the expected results will not be the same thru out the video. If you are flying and turning into and away from bright/dark area it will be a noticeable difference and you probably won't like it if you adjust any of these settings. One thing you can do is thru post processing in your editor. This is where you will have to get creative with your editor by splitting bright scenes into smaller clips and editing them seperately to try and balance out the entire video.

One thing that changing the ISO, Shutter Speed or EV will be of a benefit is when taking still pictures. If your bird is in a hover and you are not moving which it should be for a picture then these adjustments will probably be more pleasing as your are not moving or turning. This is it folks. No matter what you do that is the best you can hope for from what I have found. I believe you can compare what I am saying to a regular Video Camera. Most consumer grade video camera's operate in the same fashion while shooting video. They will try and maintain the correct exposure while recording. The only thing that changes in a regular Video Camera is focus. They will maintain focus where the CGO3 does not. It has a fixed focus lens much like a GoPro does. There is a sweet spot but it is usually somewhere from 20 feet to infinity.

In addition to all this I have found the the Natural, Gorgeous, Raw and Night settings do work in video and photo modes. The one setting that has the most saturation of colors is Night. The Raw seems to be more out of focus or fuzzy with Gorgeous being the next best one down from Night. Natural looked to washed out to me. So in conclusion, start out slow and take some pictures. Setup the camera for Night or Gorgeous and see what you get.

One more thing, I believe that a ND Filter on the front of the camera would benefit the rolling shutter situation alot and make your videos much better.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    ^pomen_GTR^ and mrburns like this.
  8. EGroot

EGroot Member

While using the higher resolutions video, when I push the picture button on the ST10+ it still says cannot take a picture in video mode

9. Wingshooter

Did you stop recording your video first? Your camera cannot be recording a video and take the picture at the same time.

10. EGroot

EGroot Member

Maybe I am asking the wrong question. What does taking a picture in Video mode mean?

11. EGroot

EGroot Member

Well man is it's windy today. Total flight time reduced to about 14 minutes with new 4K camera and playing around with settings. Detail is great, I can almost count all the dew drops.

Attached Files:

12. Wingshooter

The difference between the two modes depends on what Icon you selected on the TX. Either Video or Photo. Take a look at this thread. Nettle Creek UAV Posted a picture of the TX and has a big red arrow pointing at the Icon.

http://yuneec-forum.com/threads/failed-to-take-a-snapshot-q500-4k.838/#post-18422

13. EGroot

EGroot Member

Thanks Wingshooter!
    I got some serious stick time today. I was able to try all kinds of combinations and brought back to have a look. I like Night mode w/200 Shutter speed = rich colors and great detail. A big difference coming from the CGO2+ WOW

Attached Files:

14. EGroot

EGroot Member

The above pic is unedited

15. Wingshooter

Nice Picture, BTW where do you live. It looks to be in the south somewhere with those pines around your house.

16. EGroot

EGroot Member

You got it
    Georgia

17. pro

prometheus484 New Member

Which fps are for slow motion on the cgo3

18. Wingshooter

I have updated both sheets as of 3/15/2016 and you can find those in the first post of this thread.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016