Chroma 4k Battery Percentage?

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by JustinV_, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Jus

JustinV_ New Member

I just got my Chroma drone the other day and am liking it so far, but I'm wondering if there is a way get the battery power to show a percentage like the DJI drones? I'm not much of a fan of the 4 little squares and the volts to show me the power left.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

The squares is the power bar for the st10. The voltage for the Chroma IS shown as voltage.

3. Stinger

Stinger Member

Hi Justin,

Actually it's better to have volts there instead of percent because volts tell you more about your battery.
    A single LiPo-Cell has a voltage-range from 3.5V (empty) to 4.2+V (full). (nominal voltage 3.7V) So, with a 3S-LiPo (i.e. 3 Cells connected in series) as in your Chroma you multiply these values by 3 and get the values for the whole battery: 3.5*3 = 10.5V (empty), 12.6V (full), 11.1V (nominal)
    If you got a percentage indication on your transmitter, you don't know for sure at which voltage the manufacturer set e.g. 0%...
    Simply have an eye on the voltage dropping below 11.0V. -I usually land at 10.8 or 10.7V just to be on the save side and protect the battery. -The four squares... -Well,... 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% ;) -At least useful as a quick reference. :)

Have fun with this great drone! -It's an awesome flyer, you'll see! :)

Greetings,
    Stinger