Crashed

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Jagerbomb52, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

Out this morning and got about 10 feet off the ground, got a 5 motor alarm on the Zeal Quad. I have heard of others having this alarm come up. WTF is that all about? Never had a chance to land. one motor looked like it stopped and she flipped over and hit the ground on the second flip. Broke back motor arm and both land gear tubes and brackets. About 34 bucks in replacement parts on order. Was able to hook it up to the GUI and had a ESC error. Switch it out with one of my spares and it seems fine now.
    Now to wait on the parts.

Tags:
  2. armyrcer

armyrcer Member

Jager i jave had that happen on a stock q500 and my tx went red screen with vibration saying 5 motor failure. I asked yunecc to explain why a quad with 4 motors has an error of 5 motors no response. I hooked it all up and all was good in the gui. I think yuneec has done something with mixing firmware or firmware was mixed and it is just now going to start coming out

3. armyrcer

armyrcer Member

My escs were fine and the motor was fine after the flip over. Just shattered 4 props as it landed upside down it was a handful to control almost as if the control input was lagging very bad by at least 6 seconds

4. Jagerbomb52

I'm pretty much done with Yuneec. I will get this back together and put up for sale on ebay. A couple of other birds I'm interested in but I need to unload this to have some working cash :)
    Fun build but frustrating when you know you went by the book on the build and you get stuff like this happening.
    Time to move on.

DroneClone likes this.
  5. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

What are you thinking to move on to? What's your thoughts on Autel?

6. Jagerbomb52

Yes the Autel is one of them and Frank has them on sale right now but I am also very interested in the Mavic but since its only out in in very limited amounts I will have to wait and see some more reviews. The Autel has probably the best costumer support to date so I have pushed that one to the front line for me. Hard to decide as every couple of months something newer comes along and you say OK this looks interesting :)

droner likes this.
  7. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Sorry to hear of the mishap! The life of technology! Hope you get her back up in the air soon JB !

8. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

I hear you! Five trips from Texas to California, three replacements(one a Pro upgrade for all my HELL) My current HPro seems to be flying fine! But I do not have my faith in her like my other birds that have given me "0" issues.
    Yuneec USA has been more than responsive and helpful, but what good is that, if the product sucks! I need something that fly's reliably and worry free!

9. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

A few months back when I was looking for a 2nd bird I considered Autel. I heard about their excellent service so I figured I would try it out and give them a call. They answered the phone on the second ring. When my cell phone dropped the signal they called me back in about 20 seconds. I was pretty impressed.

10. Jagerbomb52

One of the things I like about Autel is the app and being able to set way points and just let it fly there. I also like the videos I have seen, they are very good. I don't like the fact that you have to use a tablet or smart phone but I'm sure I will get over that fast :)
    I want something I can put in a small backpac and carry on my snow machine with little trouble.

Davidnclearlaketx and droner like this.
  11. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Yes, I like some of the videos I've seen also. Doesn't the Autel use the same Sony sensor as the Cgo3+? What kinda sled you riding?

12. Jagerbomb52

Not sure on the sensor Lawrence. It could very well be. All I know the videos all look very crisp and not washed out like some of the CGO3+ videos I have seen. Guess it could all be in the settings.

I still have my old faithful 1997 arctic cat zr 580. It goes plenty fast enough for me and gets me in and out of my speckled trout lakes in the winter. I maybe put 50 - 70 miles a year on it. Not into just riding anymore except for that first snow fall of the year, need to blow the cob-webs out of her :)

10408935_878559878850253_6006057622170223804_n.jpg

13. Rob Hatcher

Rob Hatcher New Member

I have about 5 days left to get a full refund and I am leaning towards that. It looks like a matter of time before it's gonna screw up. I have been curious about the Autel as well. Would like to see 3DR comeback.

14. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

The old ZR is still a good looking sled. I really think the cgo3 is quite capable. The more I play the more I like what see out of mine. Lately I've seen some washed out videos from Autel also. These cameras need to be set up. So many people just buy a drone and think they are great flyer and videograher. If you want to fly well you have to know your stuff. If you want to shoot good video you have to know your stuff. Speaking of knowing your stuff. Do you know if you can set sharpness on the cgo3 with the app?

15. Tip

TipsyMcStagger Member

Going to agree with you on that... my MK-58 failed within a couple months, I took care of the batteries very well, and I get maybe 10 min flight time with each. Sometimes the motors refuse to start regardless of GPS signal / mode.

I think I rushed into Yuneec and should have looked at more options. I may sell the bird without the gimbal / MK-58 on eBay and see what happens.