Does the steadygrip work With Typhoon H camera?

Discussion in 'Steadygrip / Wizard' started by SherwoodSkyCams_moobit, May 30, 2016.

1. SherwoodSkyCams_moobit

SherwoodSkyCams_moobit New Member

Nice simple question really...

I'm a videographer and have Typhoon H on order for my aerial photography business... I also want to offer "on the ground" videography (eg at weddings, establishing shots for corporate vids, etc) using the H camera for visual continuity...

Usually use a GoPro and DSLR camera (depending on what I'm doing) for ground work - wondered if I'd be able to attach my H's Humble to the steadygrip to save on carrying loads of equipment around ;)

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Der

Der Stig Member

Nope, the steady grip uses a 4 pin plug the H has six plate connectors

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

4. fra

framewaves New Member

Jagerbomb 52 , how do you connect the CGO3 + with slide contacts to the connector on the steadygrip ???

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

No idea, just came across that video :)

6. Terrestrial Imaging

Terrestrial Imaging New Member

So here is the short story. You can actually slide the CGO3+ camera onto the steady grip that comes with the Q5004K.....but don't rush to do it. The CGO3+ camera has two rows of 3 contact pins where the CGO3 only has one row of 3 contact pins. If you slide the CGO3+ onto the steady grip two things will happen. The plastic stops at the end of the parallel tracks on top of the CGO3+ camera will snap off and after you attach the camera it will be so tall that when you pitch the camera down it will actually hit the bottom of the steady grip. Outside of these issues, it will actually work. We don't recommend it as it was not made for it.

7. SparkoRC

SparkoRC Active Member

That steadygrip looks like the later version that Yuneec introduced complete with lion battery, which I believe done away with the plug in feature and just used contact pins.

8. skwty

skwty Member

I agree. I think with the upgraded version the CGO3+ should work, it just wont turn 360*. Carolina Dronz has the grip and case for like $170.