C-GO3 Gimble tilt issue unresolved

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by FreuderLocks, May 9, 2016.

1. CWR

CWReed New Member

First time poster here... sadly I too have the dreaded gimbal drift. I actually JUST got my Q500 4K back from Yuneec after straight-out-the-box had motor issues (front 'A' motor overheating to the point of burning) and noticed once before sending that there was drift on both in flight and in hand-grip. So I'm SUPER not happy it's doing it again. I have a theory as to what is happening though:
    The gimbal magnetometer and the drone's are conflicting. Notice how everyone says that the YAW causes drift one way, then the other, but I don't think many put it together that it is actually magnetic north/south that is where the issue is. Much like the constant need to "re-calibrate" a Samsung phone's GPS (I'm a Note 4 user, and EVERY TIME I power cycle - I need to calibrate) - I think this is what's going on with our birds. And THAT is still unacceptable. With the sheer number of people with this same issue, there should be ZERO issue with replacements. The "self stabilizing gimbal" should NOT have to be coaxed into working properly. I'm just an amateur yet, but I had hoped to use this to start expanding my photography services...
    As so many others have said, I have owned my (Best Buy... sadly) Q500 4K since early August, and have flown a total of maybe 30 minutes.
    VERY disappointed.

2. Edw

Edwin Gudinas New Member

wouldn't it be nice if we could control the gimbel, does anyone know how to take it apart without damage. A youtube video would be nice. My gimbel is listing to the right, yuneec wants me to send ti back, yah right.