My only gripe....

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by chadrob30, Mar 11, 2016.

1. chadrob30

chadrob30 Active Member

....with the Chroma is how bright the LED's are. I know, it's also a good thing. However, I fly at dusk alot to capture sunset videos. With the gimbal in certain positions you can see a very bright and very noticeable color in the lower corners of the screen. This annoys me to no end. I think I will end up putting black tape over the front LED's or fashioning some type of cover....

Tags:
  2. Eric Strunk

Eric Strunk Member

I could not are more... I'm looking into a lens which will fit over out led package type that will narrow the beam. My lights make a white fog in the video.

I had the same issues at night with my 350QX, i bought a sun flare housing filter from amazon. But it won't fit on my Chroma :(

http://www.amazon.com/PrimeĀ®-Protec...d=1457793612&sr=8-2&keywords=gopro+lense+hood

3. Airmapper

Airmapper New Member

If you come up with anything good I'd be glad to hear it. I've been thinking on this myself but no good ideas yet.

I haven't tried but it looks like the diffusers are removable. Maybe take it off the front 2 engine pods and give it a coat of plastidip in a not quite opaque color. Might knock it to a dim glow, and if it doesn't work, peel it off.

4. chadrob30

chadrob30 Active Member

Plastidip is a great idea. I build model cars so I have a bunch of paint here. I could probably get pretty creative lol.

5. SKE

SKETCHY Member

Or a simple rap around shield 1/2- 3/4 around the underside of motor to block that angle of light,done. Still be able to see those lights to an extent.

6. ResqFE

ResqFE New Member

I taped mine up with aluminum tape and poke out the cooling holes. I left the outer ring open so I can see any status changes. takes the glare away in low light.

Chris Moss likes this.
  7. Chr

Chris Moss Member

I have ordered the new white plastic covers for the leds.. and painted the front two for just that reason.. works good, and easy to tell back of craft as it is the only side lit up.. Happy flying,,, you can even cut out the back half of those covers this way the led shines out the back of the cover away from the camer. if you still want light for direction control

8. SKE

SKETCHY Member

1480858444256.jpg 1480858459176.jpg 1480858468498.jpg [/IMG]

9. SKE

SKETCHY Member

Made these light baffles,can still see the LEDs when up high. 1480858566351.jpg 1480858576266.jpg 1480858599580.jpg

Lawrence likes this.
  10. SKE

SKETCHY Member

These are just a piece of thin cardboard from a larger gift wrapping tube.they go on and off in seconds.Work perfect.

11. SKE

SKETCHY Member

Made light baffles they work perfectly.simple mod build.