C-GO3 New Upgrade For CGO3 APP

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by Jagerbomb52, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

This morning my CGO3 APP was upgraded. It is back in the Google play store, not sure about he apple one as I have a android phone.
    Many new features have been added. All of the camera updates for the Typhoon H CGO3+ have been added to the app.
    Some work with the CGO3 camera. So far I have only been able to get the burst option to work. I was hoping the time lapse would work but for me this has not worked for the CGO3 camera.

Tags:
    ThePCDoctor likes this.
  2. Jagerbomb52

OK so the one feature I did get to work was the burst. I first set it in the APP and then hit the photo button and sure enough it took a series of pictures.
    You have the option of 3, 5 or 7 pictures.

So once I had that set I then wanted to see if hitting the picture button on the ST10+ would also produce a burst. And yes it does.
    Really wished the time lapse part worked :(

3. Rob Hatcher

Rob Hatcher New Member

It crashes every time I try to connect my tablet to the update. Now I have no working app at all. I can't figure out how to downgrade.

4. Jagerbomb52

Really
    Not sure why. I had no problem with the android version on my phone.
    Need to find my old Ipad in my sons room and I will try to install it from apple to see if there is a problem.

What kind of tablet you using?

5. vad

vader1701 New Member

Looks like only CG02 is only available for the Apple, gonna get the android for my tablet

6. Rob Hatcher

Rob Hatcher New Member

Lenovo Tab 2 10 70 running kitkat. The last version worked.

7. tec

technicallyitsnotadrone New Member

I read about your problem and decided to backup the APK for the old CG03 version 1.0.0057 from my Android Phone before upgrading to the new version 1.0.0062.

I did this so that I could revert to the older version if the new version crashed on my phone as you reported with your tablet.

So far it does not crash on my Nexus 6 although I haven't tried connecting to the actual CG03 with it yet.

I am willing to provide the old version if someone could tell me how to upload it to the forum.

@Jagerbomb52 you seem to know these forums well. How do you normally provide files to one another?

8. Jagerbomb52

If the file is not to big which it shouldn't be just put into a zip or rar file and use the upload a file option. Or if you have a google drive account you can always upload it to there and provide a link to it.

9. Dan Engelbreth

Dan Engelbreth Member

I uploaded the new app as well and it does not work for me on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, where it had worked fine in the previous version. My tablet connects fine to the CGO3 camera, and when I start the new app, the splash screen comes up and looks the same as before, however when I hit "Camera" the splash screen adds a small text box with this ....
    "...@_@..."
    near the bottom and then goes blank or sometimes shows a very brief (1 sec) image from the camera then closes.
    Looks like Yuneec dropped the ball again on this upgrade. I would like to get a copy of the previous version as I uninstalled it before loading the new one.

Rob Hatcher likes this.
  10. tec

technicallyitsnotadrone New Member

I got a bad zip error when I tried your file on my phone. Could be my phone though.

11. Greg Covey

Greg Covey Member

Thanks for the link to the older app version. I tried the upgrade as well on my Fire HD 8 and it installed properly but crashes when going into the camera view. The previous app worked great. I see a bunch of reviews on the Google Play Store that suggest the app works on phones but not tablets. Hopefully, they will fix it soon...

P.S. I get the same error as described by Dan above.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  12. Jagerbomb52

So Greg the app I posted worked for you again just to be clear? I found that on a different site and was not sure if it was a older version.

13. Greg Covey

Greg Covey Member

I tried to download your apk file from the link but Google displays this message.

We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service.

14. Jagerbomb52

Wow really, I guess I should delete that then LOL

15. Greg Covey

Greg Covey Member

Yeah, it surprised me too. For some reason, Yuneec doesn't post their apps along with the other firmwares on their support page here.

16. Greg Covey

Greg Covey Member

17. Jagerbomb52

Funny thing was after your last post I went to the download link on my google drive and tried to download the file. The message I got was it had a virus. Now that seems to be B.S. as I ran it through Bitdefender, Trend Micro and malwarebytes and they all passed the file off as OK.
    Anyways I deleted the links and the file

18. Greg Covey

Greg Covey Member

It looks like apkpure.com just updated to the new app so that's not going to help others that are having problems with it. I found a copy of the previous app release on my Fire HD 8 downloads directory so I'll post it here.

Attached Files:

Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  19. Jagerbomb52

Thats the site I got the version I posted but google drive said it was a virus which it was not. At the bottom of that page it gives you option of downloading older versions.

20. Greg Covey

Greg Covey Member

I didn't notice the previous revisions at the bottom of the apkpure page. There are more versions than I was aware of.

The one I posted should be good as it was downloaded 6 months ago. I just installed it on my Fire HD 8 and it seems to work perfectly as before.

Jagerbomb52 likes this.