Parts to Relocate Antenna from Cgo2 to Underside of the Q500 [List]

Discussion in 'C-GO2' started by gustofusion, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Tip

TipsyMcStagger Member

So, does the Typhoon G get great range because the antenna is not part of the gimbal?

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

No, simple reason is they used a cheap cloverleaf and the MK58 seems to have limited range. I did my own Typhoon G external antenna mode with a much better cloverleaf antenna and it work much better.

20160509_093747.jpg

TipsyMcStagger likes this.
  3. Viking233

Viking233 Member

Hello Gusto and Jager,
    Each time I fly I get better and better. Each night I did into these forums I learn more and more. I haven't flow out that far, maybe a 600 feet and I did fly at 400 and it's fun for sure. I do get concerned about things like loosing video but I alway fly in angle model and actual never even flipped the switch for smart mode. And I never had to use home mode.
    I think I do pretty well with orientation and find it fairly easy because I constantly remind myself that I'm sitting in the cockpit.
    If flying out beyond a visual there not to much problem when you have video because you can determine your location on screen but what in the world do you do if you loose video
    You have no visual you do remember your direction the moment you loose the screen view but it's a long shot to fly blind. If this happens is your only choice to hit the home button? I have to believe this to be so. Please advise? Also what hope do you have if all this happened and then boom you loose GPS as well. Now I think your dead. Please advise?
    All this brings me to the question...
    I know very little but , learning in regard to long range antennas. I'd like to go this route at some point in addition to trying to extend the camera range as well. I believe you can hire people like Frank at CD to do this . You guys know the answers to these questions so can I ask you to share your opinion as to what antennas I should consider. I'd rather spend extra so I don't have to upgrade. And if I do this to both camera as well as the Q500 what can I expect to see in terms of range. Will it get 5300 feet as in 1 mile? Will you get 1/2 to 3/4 mile with video? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Remember, I'm not educated in hobby lingo, acronyms etc. I might be 5'10 but I'm still an infant, lol. Oh that sounded weird lol.

4. Thijs-Jan Reneerkens

Thijs-Jan Reneerkens Member

Like this?
    I got 1000 to 1500meters just by this mod alone, with itelite an 5'8 booster 3060 meters

5. sir

sirwilliam8 Member

To answer your question about what to do when you loose video. When it happens to me, increasing altitude seems to get it to reconnect quickly. Also, make sure your aiming the flat, angled spot on the top of your st10 toward the drone. I've also noticed that when I do loose video, the green direction indicator on the screen still works so you can always follow the arrow until you regain video. As far as antennas and range boosters, I haven't tried any so I have no knowledge to offer. I'm happy with the 2000 foot range that I have.

6. Tank

Tank Member

Say that sounds like a great idea, is possible for you to with the forum, on how it's installed. My eye sight is not as good as when I was in my 30's.
    Thanks