Running Dashware On Windows 10

Discussion in 'Help' started by Jagerbomb52, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member

So if you are a dashware user and you now have windows 10 installed on your computer you will most likely have noticed importing videos does not work anymore. :(
    Well there is a very easy fix. Go to your dashware directory and delete this file " MFPlat.dll "
    Once deleted just open
    Dashware.exe from the directory (pay attention to the red print) and you should be able to use it as you have in the past.
    This worked for me so I see no reason why it will not work for you.

2. Ruud Hogenberg

Ruud Hogenberg Member

Thanks for the tip, going to test tomorrow, will let you know, did invest in racerender. But give this a try

3. Ruud Hogenberg

Ruud Hogenberg Member

Jagerbomb52,

As promised i have tested it and indeed it works, as you described take the daswhare from the folder and not from your windows menu, this will cause re-installation. So i made a shortcut to the desktop. Thanks JB

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  4. Jagerbomb52

No problem, it was driving me nuts so I had to find a solution. I also had bought RaceRender but its really not geared to Aviation.

Ruud Hogenberg likes this.
  5. Dan Engelbreth

Dan Engelbreth Member

Like many others I was frustrated with Dashware not being able to load my videos (I'm running Windows 10 as well), but never thought it was associated with the OS. I had several calls and emails in to Dashware who referred me to GoPro who I think now owns Dashware.... anyway they just said we're looking at it, but after a few months never heard from them again. Now I tried JB's fix and can now load the videos Nearly all my videos were shot in 4k. . However, it appears that Dashware still cannot process 4k videos because when I try to "create video" - Dashware crashes. So what's the highest resolution that the videos can be processed?

6. Jagerbomb52

I think its only 1080 P
    I remember people having problems with 4K video before.
    I don't use Dashware often but when I do like it better then RaceRender.
    And yes GoPro had bought out Dashware sometime ago but like anything GoPro does they leave it and never get back to it. Looking for a solution on the internet I read so many posts about how GoPro is working on it, they actually have beta testers out there for the fix but everyone says nothing when you ask questions of when the fix will be handed down. Most will even pay for a fix but still nothing.

7. Jagerbomb52

Not sure on how much better quality you will get if you follow this video. I have used it but the render times are just out of this world for my slow computer so I just shoot in 1080 for Dashware.

gelliott likes this.
  8. E_B

E_Bro New Member

Thanks for the info.

9. Dan Engelbreth

Dan Engelbreth Member

I have just recently down graded a couple of my 4K videos to 1080p using Windows Movie Maker and then loaded them into Dashware and sucessfully created a video with gauges from the telemetry. Seems that GoPro is not putting any resources into Dashware as it's been quite a while since the last release and since most drone and action cameras are now 4k, it's disappointing that Dashware still can't process 4k.......

10. Kei

Keith Chirsan New Member

OK Dan E. I read your article, followed the instructions, deleted the file and it opened right up. It accepted my 4K-mp4 file no problem.

If it's nice tom0rrow I'll fly and get both files and see if I can get a finished product that is synced. I would be so happy.

Thanks for your help and I'm glad to be finally making some progress with video editing...

11. Dan Engelbreth

Dan Engelbreth Member

Keith, after applying JB52's "fix", you can load a 4k mp4 into Dashware and edit it with gauges and sync it to your telemetry file, however when you go to finalize it as in "create video" Dashware crashes. At least that's my experience, so now if I want to make a finished Dashware video with gauges and sound track, I add some effects, titles, and the soundtrack in Windows Movie Maker and then downgrade it from 4k to 1080p before I load it into Dashware.

12. Jca

Jcain New Member

I can get video to load and play. Add gauges and it all shows as long as I am in Dashware. But when I "create video" it saves video without the gauges. Have tried several times and on different computers all running Win 10.