Q500+ ST-10+ Prop Switch Cover

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Davidnclearlaketx, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Davidnclearlaketx

Davidnclearlaketx Active Member

I finally put the prop switch cover on but I had to use a Dremel tool to grind it out some so it wouldn't hit the red props off/on button when down. I used the 3M automotive grade (grey/red) emblem double sided adhesive tape that you can get at the auto parts store or hardware store. Instead of cutting out the whole circle where the switch goes through I used a small knife and just cut in the middle an X shape as to leave the tape attached to the switch for a tighter/better fit. Cleaned everything first with rubbing alcohol to make sure of a good bond. Works great and now I can't hit the prop off/on button by mistake when taking a picture. I also added a little black zip tie to the neck lanyard so it won't slip off. I've seen another mod where someone cut a little piece of steel with a screw and I really like that better but not changed to that yet. I wouldn't trust just the zip tie but at least it will keep it in place until I can do the screwed in steel piece.

Attached Files:

Tags:
    billyghawaii, droner, WARDHOG and 2 others like this.
  2. raddbus

raddbus Active Member

I ordered one of these myself, luckily I haven't accidently hit the ON/OFF button yet, but better safe that a $1000 paper weight. It should arrive sometime soon..I Hope

Davidnclearlaketx likes this.
  3. Haporta

Haporta New Member

You dont hit the start/stop button accidentely for 3 sec

4. sh4

sh44 Active Member

From the darkness, a candle!!

Look guys, I know how all us 'Tim the Tool Man' types want to add all sorts of bling to our new toys, but I gotta tell ya.! Every picture I've seen posted of those discussing this cover, EVERY ONE, had the new design Start/Stop button - the one with the raised outer shoulder from where the button barely protrudes. Purpose, you must push the button, intentionally, past this barrier to activate the switch! Further, as Haporter alludes, it takes 3 seconds of contact for the firmware to change the circuit. Add 'em if you want, it's your time & money, but if you bought yours any time since the factory's improvement - and that's apparently been some time ago now - you don't really need them. I personally don't think a trained ape could make 'that' mistake. Nor most of the un-trained ones. ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    dwphill06 likes this.