Telemetry: ST2Dash - Loading Q500 flight Log Data to be used in Dashware

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by mrburns, May 16, 2015.

1. Rus

Russell Smith Member

thanks. working now...

2. Dan Engelbreth

Dan Engelbreth Member

I have tried unsuccessfully to make a playable Dashware video. On my first attempt about 1 month ago I was able to take the flight telemetry from the ST10+ and sync it to the 4K video and it played in Dashware - everything seemed fine until I tried to save it as in "create video" Dashware crashed - I believe someone said that Dashware can't handle 4k video. So I changed to 1080 quality for a flight and tried again, but this time used ST2Dash to convert the telemetry file. That seemed to work fine as Dashware accepted the telemetry file and all the data was there. When I loaded the video the mp4 filename was shown in the proper box but nothing showed up on the screen - everything in the video area including the control buttons was greyed out. BTW, I had used the Q500 V2 template for the first try but a YouTube video said that V2 doesn't work so I found a V1.5 link on this forum. Tried rebooting the computer, tried removing and then re-installing Dashware, but still have the same problem...... I'm getting a message box when trying to open my projects saying upload_2016-9-24_13-54-52.png

3. h-elsner

h-elsner Member

Maybe the project still points to the Q500 V2 template? V2 was made for another tool (Excel-based) and will not work with ST2Dash or q500log2kml (which creates the same format as ST2Dash). For this output format the "Yuneec Q500 v1.5.xml" has to be present in the Profile directory of Dashware: %HOMEPATH%\Documents\DashWare\DataProfiles\ and shall be selected as valid profile.
    Try to create a new project with 1080 videos, v1.5 Profile and ST2Dash output telemetry files, just to check if it works.

br HE

4. Dan Engelbreth

Dan Engelbreth Member

I had removed the Q500 V2.xml from the Data profiles list before my last attempt, so that shouldn't be the issue. Next, I will clear out all of the entire Dashware folders and projects (none worked anyway) and start fresh to see if maybe a setting got corrupted when switching out the different "xml" profiles. Thanks for the hint though - not giving up yet.

5. GeneNJ

GeneNJ New Member

Great thread. Was way easier than it sounded but I do have a slight issue.

So I'm playing with this now and I had no issues with anything except getting my video to show in dashware. Its mp4 1080p. My videos load fine in Pinnacle 20 for editing. The telemetry comes up no problem. After it loads the video it just shows the black background with the gauges overlaid and the video controls are grayed out. Read the entire thread and didn't see a real fix.

Also I would rather just use the video of the telemetry gauges and lay them on top of my video in Pinnacle 20. Anybody know the best way to do this. I can't seem to export a video of just the telemetry information that I can bring into other video editing software.

Thanks for any help