Tornado and CGO4 Now Working Together

Discussion in 'H920 Hexacopter' started by peterbright, Jan 17, 2016.

1. peterbright

peterbright Member

A few tips:

1. If you can't bind the CGO4 and the H920 at the same time (my original problem) do not hesitate to call tech support. It required their help to sort it out. Most of the techs only work with quads.

2, Do not insert the SD card while the camera is on.

3. Do not change the recording frequency with the SD card inserted.

4. You can only record video if you are in one of the two modes that show a video camera icon.

5. If you are one of the video modes, you cannot take a still picture (switch to another mode).

6. Only lightly tap the video or take a picture button. If you hold it, it will not operate. Stupid me had the largest problem with number 6.

Tags:
  2. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

All i need now is a CGO4.....
    Webstore in Italy does not deliver abroad...... :-((
    Have to wait for stock in Germany.....
    The Netherlands stay behind this time i think.....

3. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Since when is Holland abroad from Italy. :)

Its EU. LOL

4. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Yeah... it surprised me too.....
    I will try to get info now from the USA (Car.Dro.) what the shipping and handling will cost.
    Custom and VAT are big risks by sending it from them to me.....
    Germany is also an option, but the stock date is forwarded almost every day.....
    Perhaps patience is a virtue.....

5. mrburns

You can buy direct from Yuneec.Uk and , off memory, they have them in stock.

6. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Wow.... that's good news.....
    I start googling right away....
    Thanks a lot mrBurns

7. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Visited their website.....
    No CGO4 mentioned, yes .... in a combi with theH920; but that is already here with the GB603 and a GH4....
    Not as a product CGO4/gimbalcamera and a proaction steadygrip......

8. mrburns

Jan you will have to phone them or email John@yuneec.uk
    + 44 208 449 4321

Any problems PM me

9. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Thanks for your advice. I will send an e-mail asap.

10. Cyc

Cycler07 New Member

11. Cyc

Cycler07 New Member

My camera is bound but will not take either video or stll. Tech has no idea of problem. I've followed tour 6 steps but stll no go. I get messag
    Camera binds but will not take pic/video using any mode or setting. I get this exact reply . . ."please do not this operation in this mode". Tech support has no answer

12. peterbright

peterbright Member

You must be in creative video mode to take movies...and only lightly touch the record button. If you hold it, it will do nothing.

13. Peter Silver

Peter Silver New Member

That fooled me for a time, then I realised that a quick tap is all you need!

14. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Some good and some bad news.....
    after a lot of mailing with some yuneec stuff sellers, i finally have a CGO4 ....... and at a reasonable price for me.

but.... yesterday trying to bind it together with the H920 to the ST24.... complete failure !!

In FPV mode i made a new icon, choose the model, into system settings; bird in bind mode: and saw a complete other H920 receiver code than i saw before in binding my GB603 (right code for the camera receiver), binding them to the ST24.......
    no image on the screen (yes i removed the lens protector :cool:) and in trying to chance the camera settings i got the message: camera command setting failed. After a minute or so a message appeared saying: flightsystem has stopped !! and the ST24 returned into its startscreen with the blocks RC | FPV | PAD......
    So i tried to delete the new made icon (but delete was not accesable), made another new icon and started al over...... In the bind mode of the bird i now got 2 receiver codes from the H920..... (?????). So i tried the other one (which appeared to be the H920 receiver code for when it was bound with my GB603 gimbal).
    Again bound it to the ST24 (with the receiver code from the camera, still the same code as on the steady grip; where everything works perfect.....)......but same story again + now the motors started running (not responding to the stop button; also saw that the switch for the GPS was not responding (kept saying: disabled).
    Put everything back again on the actiongrip and no problems (checked also the code for the camera transmittor/receiver; same as i saw on my attempts before attached to the H92, so i think that is alright)
    Put my GB603 back on the H920 (incl. camera) and all is working as it should.........
    I want the combi to bind for solo flying, so no model choosen in RC. According to the manual i was following the instructions for single use.
    I suspect i am still overseeing a mistake i am making or something is wrong with the ST24 (software version =b94.....).
    Now i am considering a reset to factory settings of the ST24 and start all over again.

Looking for wisdom here..... what should i do; i sure apreciate some advice.....
    Greetings from the Netherlands
    (where the wheather is now great to fly..... :eek::oops:)

15. Peter Silver

Peter Silver New Member

Here is a Youtube video that may help.
    It does seem a bit daunting, probably easy when you know how!

midego likes this.
  16. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Hi Peter,
    thanks for the video. It is very informing...... but......
    It is the one i have been using in trying to bind the H and CGO4 to the ST24......
    Today i went on again.... this time also outside (to see if GPS has any influance....)
    But no, no difference. Acording to the st24 all is bound, but then i get every time the message: flightmode has stopped......
    An other strang thing happend just a few moments ago; i put my CGO4 on the proaction again and started my samsung SII Phone to connect to the sender...... In my list of wifi connections there were suddenly 2 connections..... (????) with one i could connect (same as yesterday) the other had a very weak signal and would not connect......
    Wth the CGO4 on the proaction everything works perfect.... can make pictueres, videos, change settings, zoom in/out ...... so i conclude there is nothing wrong with the camera...... also it must be in the st24.
    Problem is there is no Yuneec department in the Netherlands; just (re)sellers and shops.
    Speaking to a tech will be one in Germany..... or i have to return my ST10 and camera (but not the same shops....)

17. Peter Silver

Peter Silver New Member

Are you selecting H920 CGO4 in the model select panel? I'm having trouble setting up the ST12 as an extra controller with the ST24 as camera control. Can't get that to work! We are going to the Yuneec UK centre next week to buy another one and hopefully I'll record Dan explaining what to do!
    In the app do not select the camera wifi - select the one that says Yuneec.
    The only problem with the app is having to press the button on the phone to stop and start the video. On the Proaction the joystick control has a push contact in the centre which doesn't seem to do anything. I wish that could be used instead.

18. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Thanks for your answer.
    Got a few steps ahead.....
    I did in the tab mode from the st24 a kind of reset (everything back to factorysettings, apps are deleted and some other minor things, i did not use the tab mode often). It gave a kind of clean and new setup.
    Yes i select the H920 CGO4 in the model select panel. Then went into system settings (also started the bird and put it in bind mode); nothing in the aircraft or camera tables; then a refresh, saw again 2 receivers for the bird (???), selected the one i knew i had with my GB603, and also the camera receiver poped up. Clicked on both, they turned blue and clicked on bind. Then selected the camera (CGO4) and went back to the main screen. The bird was beeping as it should and i had control over the bird and the camera controls (except for the zoom function).
    But still no image...... could do everything with te bird as usual, the gimbal was reacting as it should and al the settings from the camera worked. (except for the zoom; it did not react to the slider or the icon on the screen....).But no image on screen (yes the lens protector was removed !!).
    Tried the gimbal camera on the action grip and ALL works fine with my samsung SII (have the CGO4 app loaded and it works), good image, zooming, turning, pitching and everythin it must do.
    Back on the bird again, starting up and everything the same as i had before; no image and no zoom.

You are speaking of a Yuneec wifi and a camera wif; what do you mean by that ?
    I know that on the GH$ lumix there is a wifi, but that is 2.8 and not 5.8. I never used this.

I still wonder why everything is working on the proaction and i have no image onthe st24...... ??
    Tomorrow and weekend i want have much time to search. Just a coiple of hours to keep on searching.
    I hope you get a better equipment next week that will work all together as it should.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Janjaap

19. Peter Silver

Peter Silver New Member

When I put the CGO4 on the Proaction and set up the wifi on my phone I get two wifi spots. I select the one that says Yuneec, not the one that says CGO4.
    I too occasionally get a blank screen from the CGO4 when on the 920. I'll speak to Dan about that next week but at the moment I just turn it all off and on again and it's ok.

20. janjaap

janjaap Active Member

Yes, i have also seen 2 wifi signals on my Phone. I also select the one with Yuneec. The other on has a weak signal. Wonder why there ar 2 signals.....? Perhaps that is also why i see two codes in the binding menu after a refresh.......

This morning i started all up (CGO4 on the bird) and as if a miracle happened..... i had an image and could control everything on the ST24, including zoom. Turned all off again, waited 2 minutes or so and then turned everything on again..... the copter was connected in 10 seconds, the camera said: connecting, connecting,connecting and then it said please wait a moment (i did......) and all connections were established again..... Made some pictures and movies and all looks good. Repeated off and on about three times and all stayed well.... just waiting for the camera takes 1,5 to 2 minutes...... but it worked all as it should......
    Now i have to wait for some nice weather (raining cats and dogs here with heavy gusts of wind) and make my first arials with the CGO4.
    I wish to thank everybody for their help in binding my system together...... learned a lot from it and it is just as hard as mastering a pc or laptop (even my cell Phone -Huawei P8- has still secrets for me.....)