Q500 4K video wi-fi connectivity tidbit

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by droning on, Jan 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. droning on

droning on Member

This morning, for the first time, I was unable to get Video wi-fi connectivity between ST10+ and copter. Everything else came up and got connected, but the "Video wi-fi: Connecting..." message just stayed forever. Controls were good, copter telemetry to controller was good, tried all kinds of different things, no video. Called Yuneec tech support, followed all their suggestions including removing SD card from camera, no joy. Was at the point where they were going to have me send controller back for repair, when it occurred to me I had recently removed and reinserted the SD card into the ST10+. I opened the back, re-seated the SD card in the controller, and, voila, video connectivity restored. So, one thing to add to trouble-shooting checklist if video wi-fi connection fails.

Tags:
    Mike Craner, droner and rancherman like this.
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Yes I had posted this mouths ago and I guess it just got lost in the many good posts that we have. Card not seating right and if your card is full will cause the same issue. Format that sucker and reinstall the right way and your good to go.

3. droning on

droning on Member

Thanks, jagerbomb52 - sorry i did not see that post first. I *did* call back Yuneec support to tell them what had resolved the problem and asked them to add this to their trouble-shooting list.

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Good idea about adding it to the list. I can't even find that post. I know some stuff has been stickied but lots of good info from members gets lost. Someone needs to start sorting this stuff out. We need a sticky guy :)

5. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Acceptable ?

PS we are looking at reorganizing all these but its always so fluid.

6. ran

rancherman Active Member

Yep, a 'sticky' or 'things to try' section sure makes it a lot easier!
    Too many forums have great information, buried way too deep, sometimes 10 years in the past...
    Searching through 500 pages of posts, leaves one brain drained.. and often more confused than when the search commenced. Funny how a certain subject will 'bend' during the course of the thread!! So forget about skipping to the last page or two!! Might be talking about chocolate chip cookie recipes by then! ( or even me now, with this thumbs up editorial on importance of 'how to' sections, instead of the SD problem the OP had!!) ;)
    Not to mention the short tempered members who absolutely crucify a poor guy for asking a simple question.. geez, they might as well just 'close' the entire site to new posts!!
    Every problem has been solved, the stars and planets are aligned.. nothing new under the sun..

I realize advancements in tech can change how a problem is fixed, and not every definitive answer is always carved in stone forever. I like the 'back and forth' of a thread, that's how sometimes a better mousetrap is forged!
    LOL, in 10 years, THIS site will have over a million posts, and there will still be noobs asking about how tight to spin the props down! :) If I'm still alive, I'll give em my honest answer, and why.
    Geez, I can answer just as fast as I can 'copy and paste' a link to some thread that is 4 hours deep.. The Noob got his answer, and be on his way!

Jagerbomb52 and mrburns like this.
  7. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

8. ran

rancherman Active Member

Yep!
    Plus maybe some stuff that isn't included in the official yuneec troubleshooting guide. I feel there are some parts left in the dark.. 'we' are a pretty sharp bunch of hobbyists in here, and could stand a little more meat on the bone rather 'call CS'.. :) After all, warrantee is going to run out soon enough!

Then, a possible 'try this' section ... such as the 'trick' of tilting the bird to see if it will initialize the gimbal..
    (I think I have a guy independentcopterworks@gmail.com that thinks he can fix...) Thanks JB52 :)
    And when someone finds a place to do what yuneec claims 'unfixable'.. we could show where to go, and possible prices for that 'fix'.
    Micro soldering; where to go.
    Maybe a bunch of vids showing the symptoms, along with the troubleshooting? There is a lot already in here, getting them organized would be cool.

Couple of grey areas in the manual, could be 'colorized' LOL, for instance, I had 2 orange blinkers on my main LEDs yesterday. It took me almost an hour to figure out I need to calibrate my compass. For some reason, it wasn't listed in the LED chart, but as an addendum underneath.. "2 blinking orange lights between the normal sequence is 'compass calibration needed' " I was too bent on trying to decipher the actual light bar chart!!! and missed that important quip on the next page!
    ANOTHER 'geez' moment! Yuneec says to store the batteries at about 50%. either use a high end charger to pull the battery down, or just store the battery when the first in-flight warning comes up.
    ........ then they mention that 3.85 volts per cell is 'half'. well, my 'math' says this is 11.55 volts total. I'm confused, as when I get my first warning, I'm about 10.7 < this should be clarified!!
    Others who have seen areas that need further explanation sure can chime in to add! :)

9. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

On another camera related issue - if one puts the wrong SD card back into the camera, and you had changed the WiFi password, it defaults back to 1234567890. Took me a wile to sort that one out.

I suspect that a freshly formatted card would do the same thing, unless you copied your old files first, then pasted them back in.

10. Ant

Antonio Esnaurrizar New Member

Hi there,
    I tried removing the SD from the camera and still having the same issue, i just keep getting Video Wifi :connecting. Can anybody help?

TipsyMcStagger likes this.
  11. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

Try re-binding your camera in the ST10 settings - with the SD card in it (both the camera and ST10). Password is 1234567890

12. Ant

I tried but no cameras are available. What else do you recommend me to do?
    Thanks for your help.

13. Ant

What do you mean by having an SD in both the remote and camera? and which files have to be in the SD of the controller and camera?

14. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

SD card in the ST10 - because you really need to have one there, and Yuneec does not state that in the instructions. It records the telemetry from the Q500 in case something happens. Both cards can and should be formatted to FAT32 before install.

The camera also needs to have one.

Is the camera even powering up?

What model of Q500 do you have ? Q500, Q500+, Q5004k, Q500G...

15. droning on

droning on Member

Another thing to check, assuming your camera is powering up as Sticks asks, is to go to a laptop or smartphone with wifi enabled. Do an SSID scan and look for one called "CG03_xxxxx" where xxxxx is something like the serial number of the camera. If you don't see this, the problem is likely with your camera. If you do, then issue may be with the ST10.

Has your camera ever linked to the ST10 and now it does not, or is this a case of no-connection right out of the box? Have you tried all the steps listed here: http://www.yuneec.com/node/36 ?

16. Ant

Sticks,
    I will go ahead and put the 2 SD one on the controller and the other on the camera and then come back with feedback. I have a q5004k.
    Thanks a bunch.

Droning on,

I will try to see if the ssid is broadcasting and keep you posted on that. And yes camera and everything had been working for the past 2 months with no problems and just started yesterday.
    Thanks to you too.

17. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

Did you have a crash that caused the camera to separate from the top half of the gimbal mount (where the rubber shock absorbers are)?

18. Ant

Sticks,
    I did go ahead and put the 2 SD one in controller and other in camera and still have the same issue.

Droning on,

I also checked if the ssid from camera was broadcasting and i was not able to see it at all. Will that refer to a camera issue?

I really appreciate both of you alls help. What else can i try?

19. droning on

droning on Member

Definitely sounds to me like it is on the camera side - does the camera center itself on the gimbal on power up, and does the green light on top of the camera come on? I'm guessing that may be what Sticks is getting at, some wire torn or wiggled loose from the camera.

20. Ant

It does center itself on the gimbal but i cannot find a green light or led on the camera. I do see a green light on top were it actually connects to the drone. Is that the same light you are talking about? If so it only flashes on and off every 1 second or so.
    Thanks again.