What are the three wires on the base connected to?

Discussion in 'C-GO3' started by Skrems, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Skr

Skrems Member

After this initially happened to me I ended up doing the fishing wire mod on my new base / camera.

2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

All,

May I suggest you keep this part and note the wire connections. It may be possible that you can benefit from this next year.

3. Fleamac

Fleamac Member

I could see ya reading this thread and saying that. Ha!
    Glad it worked out.

4. Fleamac

Fleamac Member

What do you know?

Is something coming down the pipe line? Hmmmm...

5. MikeZulu

MikeZulu New Member

I have the same damage on my week old 4K/CGO3 with the 3 black torn wires... Question, it looks like you're using a black wire harness to replace the 3 wires that get removed. I don't seem to have that harness. It looks like it's for sale through several dealers...

example: http://www.ingeniousingenuity.com/Yuneec-Connection-Wire-Between-Q500-4K-and-Gimbal_p_143.html

...but am I nuts that I don't have it in my box? I just bought the unit last week. Did Yuneec stop shipping this harness at some point, so we would rely on the 3-wire setup?

Thanks.. glad to find this page. Always better when you're not alone!

Milo

ReddHenFilms likes this.
  6. ReddHenFilms

ReddHenFilms New Member

Came here looking for a solution for the exact same problem!! Many thanks guys!!!This time I'll also be adding the zip ties to the to the base as well!!

7. ReddHenFilms

ReddHenFilms New Member

Hey Mike! Contact Yuneec and let them know about the missing part. They normally do well about replacing items missing in their shipment and I do think that is a standard issued part.

8. Ric

Richard Wilabee Member

I'm just curious if these crashes are pilot error or if something is going wrong with the quad.

9. MikeZulu

MikeZulu New Member

I tried to fly my quad down the street so my 14 year old could coast with it on his skateboard, but I didn't get it low enough to avoid the bottom of the trees over the road. This is clearly a design issue. :)

PJP likes this.
  10. New

Newowner1 New Member

Excellent info. Does anyone know if the circuit board and wires are available as a replacement unit, Also, is the three prong hookup on the copter available and if so what is the part #.

11. Gat

Gatorback05 New Member

Does anyone have any idea how much they charge to replace the camera board on a CGO3 if sent in for repairs? I am just curious if they try to charge you for a whole new camera or if it is an easy fix for them.

12. robert.love.359

robert.love.359 New Member

I have crashed and had the dame issue with the wires and its good to hear that the pig tail will operate it as required. And as for who's fault I was flying over my house and missed the tree limbs.

13. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

14. Ric

Richard Egan New Member

I had the same problem after a crash, I soldiered the wires back on the board but I have no pitch control with either the wires I repaired or the plug in wire that came with the unit. Anyone else have the problem? If so what was the fix. If there isn't a known fix can I buy a new board for the CGO 3 and replace the old one. It may have been damaged in the crash.

15. Sec

Sector7G New Member

Same thing. Using the pigtail I have no PWM getting sent to the camera. That particular wire came off with the whole contact however. 1465263629936.jpg