360 Interactive Pano - 2017 Snow

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by TheLazyC, Jan 8, 2017.

1. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

Well, this is my first of what I am sure will be many 360 degree Panorama images I will be taking with my Typhoon H Pro

http://www.thelazyc.com/TheLazyC.html

This was from a 18 photo stitch.

This is taken at my house today after our first snow of the year. Don't get a lot of snow here in Southern Virginia, but managed to get close to 11" today.

I was happy with the white balance with all the white snow and exposure. Everything was set to auto.

Below is a video taken the same day.

This is a quick video as well.

Codestar7 and yerrickl like this.
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Very nice, hell you guys have more snow than we do up here in Northern Ontario Canada LOL

3. Mar

Marvo Member

Some questions from your experience with this feature....
    What setting did you use jpg or dng?
    Was the CGO3 on auto for WB etc?
    How many photos were taken in the dbl layer, 18?
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

4. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

This was my first (actually my only) panoramic photo I have taken, but everything was set to defaults. Images were taken in .jpg and the WB was set to Auto. I was surprised that with all the white snow that it turned out as well as it did. I took the dual layer or double layer, which took 18 photo. It took 8 in one rotation, tilted and took 8 more, then 2 final shots downward.

The weather has not been the greatest here (at least when I had the time) to go out and take some more. I plan to try it again in the very near future.

5. Mar

Marvo Member

Thanks for the info.... sounds like my sort of settings!
    I'll try to get a suitable location today for my attempt. I've downloaded the trial version of the software so see how I go.
    Incidentally, you've got a perfect opportunity to do a "four seasons" series of that area. If you can get the H in the same position in spring, summer and autumn that would be a nice comparison.
    We get no snow where I am, but I'd love to try that out myself.
    Talk soon,
    Chris

6. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

That is exactly what I would like to do, 4 seasons. I wish I had marked to coordinates so I could fly back to the same spot for the other 3 season. I guess I try to get close.

7. Mar

Marvo Member

Good news... have you got UAV Tool Box? It's by "Tuna" a member on here...
    Sensational telemetry info that tracks your flights. Only $10 but worth heaps more!
    It has you coordinates on it so you may be able to get your first position from there.
    http://www.uavtoolbox.com
    Cheers,
    Chris

8. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

I would be happy to pay that and more, but I am 100% Mac user. I do not see where it will work with that platform.

9. Mar

Marvo Member

I've got a iMac 27"... it's no problem... it basically works on your ST16.... just download it and have fun. Look at some reviews if you want.

10. Mar

Marvo Member

Finally got some time and weather to get up high and take my first panorama with 18 shots. Managed to get a brilliant 360 shot stitched together. Now all I need to work out is how the heck to share it like you did with your "snow scene".
    Tried googling, checking with the software company but nothing works. There's got to be a simple way right.
    How did you manage it?
    Any help gratefully received!

11. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

Do you have a hosting site that you manage? You need to be able to FTP it to a folder on a web hosting site. Would like to see it.

12. Mar

Marvo Member

I used to run my own website.... and As I write, I'm trying to open another on Google drive. I'd love some info on the next step!

13. TheLazyC

TheLazyC Member

It is not going to work on a cloud drive like Google, needs to be part of a web server, one where you have control over the directory structure as part of the files go in a separate folder called ****_tiles. If you want to upload all the files and folder all in tact to a google drive that you can share, I will pull the down and put on my website and send you a link so you can share.

14. Mar

Marvo Member

just discovered that exact problem with google drive. Thanks for the offer, but I need to get an independent type set up as most of the work I'll be doing is for a club, and they'd probably want that control. Nice of you to offer though. I've now managed to get the 5 required files onto my Mac desktop ready to upload!
    Looking for free web hosting I think!

15. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

I like it!

16. Pat

PatR Active Member

The snow is what saved the day for white balance. It locked on the bright white. Nice job.

17. sas

sascuach New Member

Great video