C-GO3 4K Camera upgrade program!

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by midego, Apr 17, 2015.

1. midego

midego Administrator Staff Member

Straight from YUNEEC: In preparation for the May launch of the Typhoon Q500 4k, Yuneec is offering an easy upgrade path to the Typhoon Q500 4k. Now there is no need for anyone to wait for the Typhoon Q500 4K. Any owner ofthe Q500+ can trade in their CGO2+ camera and purchase the CGO3 4K camera plus SteadyGrip for $299.99, which is half the MAP price of $599.99.Further, any owner of the Q500 can trade in their CGO2 camera and purchase the CGO3 4K camera plus SteadyGrip for $449.99.

Q500 Owners: $449,99
    Q500+ Owners: $299,99

IMG_5950_large.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Tags:
  2. midego

Why will owners of the Q500+ get it cheaper then Q500 owners? That is just weird!
    And why would we want a steadygrip if we already have one?

3. Jocktamson

Jocktamson Member

Sounds like a half baked idea from Yuneec, they should make it the same price across the board for everyone and forget the steadygrip.

4. Fre

Fred Mel Member

Nothing on the Yuneec website or in the form of a newsletter from Yuneec. ( I assume you have all subscribed to their newsletter ) so I would consider this quote as hearsay. I'm waiting to see something in print from Yuneec and not a cut and paste from a Facebook group forum.

5. jon

joneil New Member

I am waiting for something more "solid" too. Also, for those of us here in Canada, this is not so inexpensive. First, the shipping down to California and then the shipping back is expensive. I was going to take advantage of the "free" hand grip offer for the CGO2 camera, but the shipping was $50. Here in Canada, $1.oo US = $1.30 Cdn, give or take as it varies a bit each day. However, the shipping on a "free grip" was going to cost me around $65 Cdn

So for me to send my CGO2 camera down there and back, I am likely into $100 cdn to start with. Also, if the $449.99 US price is correct, then I am into around $560 cdn. Add the estimated $100 cdn shipping, my total upgrade price is $660 cdn - and that is before taxes, and if any brokerage and import fees depending on how they ship. In the long run, it just might be cheaper to drive down the street to the shop where i first bought my Q500 and buy a whole new camera off the shelf. :(

Then I would also have a spare camera if case something goes wrong.

What I am really waiting for however is the GoPro mount for the Q500. I sent them an e-mail and received a reply last week. Here is the response:

Thanks for the email. A gimbal for the GoPro is in the works, keep a eye on our website.

So this is direct from Yuneec, and you can take that one to the bank. No mention of price or at what time this will happen, so anything beyond what is written above is pure speculation. But since I already own a gopro, I think for myelf and others who own a gopro, this may be a batter option than the 4K camera. Wait and see, but I know, if they had one for sale today, i would be ordering it.

Too bad they didn't need beta testers for something like this. :)

6. Fre

Fred Mel Member

Hey Joneil, I'm in Canada too so I feel your pain.

7. tor

tornado New Member

Hi,

1. Could you please post instructions on how to begin the upgrade process ?

2. What about the transmitter ? it also looks like an upgrade

Best,

Bill Henderson

8. midego

There is no other info released yet besides the pricing.

9. P_R

P_Reis Member

Something is wrong with such Yuneec offers !
    Q500 owners who received the steady grip : why new cam plus the steady grip ? To keep 2 at home ?
    At same time price of the 4K camera for such owners is too expensive.
    If we compare to buy a GoPro and later with the apropriate gimbal would be at same price all all know the 4k quality of GoPro.
    I can't pay $ 499 for a camera when I bought the Q500 for 1099 €. And a 2nd steady grip.lol
    Yuneec is not seeing all situations and keep their conditions in the same bag for all.
    I bought my Q500 middle of March this year. Few weeks after we have the 500+ and new camera, 1 month later a 4K cam.
    So, what we can do ? I never see such thing in other quads brand.
    Walkera and Dji never launched such changes into so small space of time.
    For instance : one ST10 transmitter is around 400 €. A Devo F12e is around 330€ and as 2 more channels and telemetry with FPV.
    A long range also bigger than ST10.
    So, I already saw the problem right now: quads lower price, acessories at bigger prices than the competition. And I just know now why
    the frequency of the FPV was choosed : to connect only with the ST10.
    Don't be surprised people around in a short future will doing all kind of mods in the Q500 from FPV transmitters to adapted gimbals for GoPro . I sincerily expect more honesty at Yuneec for the 2015 owners of the Q500. With this issue I'll put in standby my decision to buy a H920.

10. Grant

Grant New Member

I have the first model Q500 with the CGO2 (has only 12 megapixel and the horrible fisheye distortion), I do do NOT want the 4K model nor the steady grip of which I already have. I just want the CGO2+ model. I ask why can't Yuneec also offer the CGO2+ model to the original buyers who first supported them. Yuneec know their is an error in that first model camera so a replacement with the CGO2+ is to be the correct way to go. If not the complete CGO2+ at least the a new camera unit to fit so I have 16 megapixel and nil distortion.

madhaggis likes this.
  11. Wnuk

Wnuk New Member

I thought I recalled Yuneec saying upgrade is possible CGO2+ from CGO for $149. It was posted over at rcgroups in the Yuneec thread.

12. Grant

Grant New Member

Yes you are correct but can find no where or who to contact to discuss options. Have emailed Yuneec more than once and to date nil replies. I check both their own web page and the NZ page and its like anything with regard to the first model has gone, no options of support update, apart from software.

13. midego

14. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

15. mrburns

Hi,

I have just spoken to a very helpful lady in Yuneec Uk by the name of Sarah re this subject.

She has advised that she is hopeful that by the end of next week the details of this upgrade program will be in her possession.

Sarah is also taken details from any owners who wish to upgrade so that she can contact them as soon as details are release.

Sarah is also expecting the cameras to appear toward the end of June in the UK.

Worth getting on the list to secure your upgrade :)

16. Lib

Libsam New Member

I would really like to know what the standalone price is for the 4K camera. If it is $800 then the upgrade is not really a deal since the CGO2+ camera sells most everywhere for at least $500. If I have to pay an additional $300 to upgrade and give them my CGO2+ camera then I'm actually paying full price for the 4K camera. Where's the deal?? The steadygrip should fit either camera and I already have one so why would I want a second one. Yuneec will have a perfectly good CGO2+ camera that they can then resell and they are out nothing. Needs to be a better deal before I'll opt in.

17. dan

dana0069 New Member

Another Canadian here..and ya, not cheap..I paid $ 1600.00 for the q500+ and with our 15% tax, cost me $ 1800.00.

18. mrburns

Still waiting update from Sarah :(

19. Vip

ViperZ28 Member

Video looks good, I do not see the same blurriness on the ends that I see in my videos.

20. rickdean

rickdean Member

With the 4k camera upgrade do we also get the new style gimble?