C-GO3 4K Video Stutter

Discussion in 'Camera's (C-GO2/C-GO3/C-GO4)' started by dronzed, Sep 20, 2016.

1. dro

dronzed New Member

Hello,

I'm flying the q500 4K and have noticed some stuttering/choppiness on some of my videos. It is definitely more noticeable on a larger screen.

This is a compilation of several clips, some have a more noticeable problem than others. The Original 4K clips have the exact same problem, so I know it's not because of the edit/render.

All clips made at 25fps 4K, Manual White Balance, Shutter Speed 1/50 and ISO between 100-640.

What could be the cause and how do I fix it?

Thank you for your help and advice!

2. chrisking

chrisking New Member

It may due to the high solution and your computer or other device can't handle the 4K files well. 1080p High Definition format has not yet been covered wholly- the majority of playback, editing work is still being finished in 1080p. You'd better downsalce 4K to 1080p for better playing and editing.

Davidnclearlaketx likes this.
  3. Davidnclearlaketx

Davidnclearlaketx Active Member

It is very possible your micro SD memory card's speed rating for read/write can't keep up with the high resolution also.
    Or as said above by Chrisking your PC might not be able to handle it.
    Try your SD card in another newer PC first and then if still glitches then I'd get a faster micro SD card for the camera.
    I use these SanDisk Extreme and SanDisk Ultra in my 4K Typhoon as well as my Q500+ w/CGO2+ camera. The faster U3/class 10 in the 4K CGO3. Sandisk Ultra.jpg Sandisk Ultra80MBsec.jpg

4. Jim

Jim A Member

Yea I'd have to agree with David. I use the Scan Disk Ultra Class 10 cards and my videos are smooth as silk. Also go up to 30 Frames per Second on your camera settings. I usually set my camera at 3840x2160 30FS.

5. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Plays just fine on my HD Laptop and 4K Samsung TV?

6. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator Staff Member

I played the video and notice several times the stutter. It is ever so small amounts but noticeable if you are looking for it. I would check the SD Card.

7. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

If you watch it on Vimeo where its hosted and watch in full screen you can see it twitch. Almost like its skipping a frame every few seconds. Like Wingshooter said try a different card. Preferable a fast data transfer card.

gnomad likes this.
  8. gno

gnomad Member

BTW the speeds on the front of card packaging is READ speed not write! Write speed matters and you would not believe how crappy some 90 m/s read seed cards write. I discovered how crappy they are trying to record in raw format with a Blackmagic video camera. Only a couple of the ten or so I had would work. Sandisk extreme pro and a Kingston were the only that could handle the stream. That was at normal 1080P video. 4K in my GH4 for example in highest quality streams at 200 meg/sec! Those cards are as rare as hens teeth and cost accordingly.

9. Sun

Sunderlandgreen New Member

Here are the minimum system requirements for PC and Mac for 4K edit/playback based on processor and graphics chip manufacturer's websites.

Integrated Graphics solutions that support 4K external displays (8GB RAM recommended with integrated graphics solutions):

• 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor family (Intel Haswell based CPUs) - (Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200 / Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100, Intel® HD Graphics 5000 / 4600 / 4400 / 4200)
    • AMD A10-7800 APU
    Discrete Graphics cards that support 4K external displays:

• Nvidia GeForce
      • GeForce® GTX™ 970
      • GeForce® GTX™ 980
      • GeForce® GTX™ TITAN Z
      • GeForce® GTX™ TITAN Black
      • GeForce® GTX™ TITAN
      • GeForce® GTX™ 780 & 780 Ti
      • GeForce® GTX™ 770
      • GeForce® GTX™ 760 & 760 Ti
      • GeForce® GTX™ 750 & 750 Ti
      • GeForce® GTX™ 690, 680, 670, 660, 660 Ti, 650, 650 Ti BOOST, 650 Ti
    • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series or better
    • Even if your computer meets the requirements, you may find that 4K video plays back choppy. This is due to the immense processing power required to play 4K.