8 red lights and one blue, will not start

Discussion in 'Help' started by Mike from Delaware, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Mike from Delaware

Mike from Delaware New Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Male
    I flew my typhoon H 2 days ago with no issues. Yesterday attempted to fly again and it would not start. The ST 16 recognize the typhoon and it did connect to the camera and I had plenty of satellite power. However when I hit the red start button but it would not fire up? I did several attempts at rebooting and also remove the props and recheck that the arms were locked in place. Did not help.

I recently had my typhoon repaired by Yuneec Skins and it worked fine the first time I tried it but not the second. John suggested possibly I might be in a no-fly zone but I rechecked and actually physically moved to a new location and I am not in a no-fly zone.

I was wondering if someone could solve the mystery. Here are the symptoms: I am getting approximately eight red lights flashing and then a light blue light and an occasional beep. I

can send video if necessary. Any help certainly appreciated as I am during the opportunity to fly and hope I can do more in the fall before winter sets in.

thanks,

Mike from Delaware

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont

A video would be very helpful. Knowing which light(s) are flashing and the flashing pattern really would help clarify the symptoms.

3. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Instead of guessing undocumented LED codes I wouid propose two steps for diagnosis:
    - GUI to check sensors and motors/ESC
    - Flightlogs to check what was send and what are the reactions and check the sensor status bytes.

br HE

WTFDproject likes this.
  4. Mike from Delaware

Mike from Delaware New Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Male
    this is a dropbox link to the video...tried to upload it directly but was too large. Thanks for reviewing it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/81u0vh2rety9wy2/Blinking Typhoon.MP4?dl=0

5. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    First thing is to check that the Flight Mode switch (Upper right corner of the ST16) is in the center position.

If the flight Mode switch is good, the next thing would be connect the TH to the GUI and look for anything that is not working correctly.

If the GUI does not show a problem (or is not available) the next thing would be to upload the entire flight log set for review. Refer to https://www.dropbox.com/s/8edqkmcpd6bbwn1/Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval.pdf?dl=0 as needed for instructions.