A different Compass Calibration issue...

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by bwells88, Jan 4, 2017.

1. bwells88

bwells88 New Member

Hey All... I just received my Typhoon H a couple days ago and seem to have a different compass calibration issue.. I can't seem to get it to even attempt to calibrate... when I hit settings calibration and hit the compass button nothing happens, at all! I've tried many, many times... after my last attempt the drone is flashing green for two seconds then white(maybe pink) and everything is connected... I can't seem to find out what that code is...

My firmwares are up yo date, ST16- v03.01.b27 and the Typhoon H is v3.2.26(A) for the camera... one odd thing is when I look in the settings under bind, even thought the ST16 recognizes my Typhoon, under aircraft model it says not connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

I tried something else and plugged the drone into my laptop and in the software it says my compass is fine... so maybe I'm worrying about it for nothing... 8)

I'm trying to upload some pictures but it seems I can't figure it out... Haha

Tags:
  2. dxe

dxer Member

I suggest you do bind thing for the copter and camera again.

3. Pat

PatR Moderator Staff Member

The aircraft has not been bound to the controller. Put the -16 into Team mode, go back to settings and use the bind/search functions to bring the aircraft firmware up.

bwells88 likes this.
  4. bwells88

bwells88 New Member

Binding from team.mode worked like a charm!... Thank you so much...

unlocktender likes this.
  5. bwells88

bwells88 New Member

Thank you very much!

6. Pat

Glad to help.

7. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Curious Pat, why it will bind in Team, but not Single mode? Is this from Yuneec or something you fiquired out? Good job!
    DC:rolleyes:

bwells88 likes this.
  8. Pat

A Yuneec dealer in the U.K. figured it out. I tried it when I experienced the same problem. Several calls to Yuneec CS didn't get it done and we were on the verge of sending it back when I saw the U.K. video. Damned if it didn't work. I called Yuneec back and they had never heard of the concept and were supposed to share it around their techs.

Turns out putting the -16 in Team mode forces it to perform a deeper search looking for a new device, which discovers firmware it otherwise might overlook. The overlook does not happen all the time, another software bug I'll presume, but when it does Team mode seems to consistently work. If doing a firmware upgrade it might be a good idea to make use of Team mode on the first go round and save some potential time and frustration.

I'll post a link to the video here:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    bwells88 likes this.
  9. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Thanks for the feedback Pat! That is definitely valuable to know if I ever run into that issue!;)

10. Pat

Any time:)

11. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Hey Pat, how's things over on the "Darkside" forum? Except for the few of you Pat, I don't miss to much !
    Hey if you get time , check this out, I'll explain when you check it out! DC

bwells88 likes this.
  12. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Never mind, I see you tried us out! I know boring! But 2 forums are better than one!;)

13. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Sorry JB, I had to let a friend know! But never realized he's there ! You can delete "My Freedom of Speech! LOL !

14. bwells88

bwells88 New Member

I signed up!... The more info the better I say... Thanks man...

DroneClone likes this.
  15. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

;)

16. Pat

I don't have time for more forums;) I rarely frequent this one and have pretty much stopped going to the pseudo DJI forum otherwise known as RCG. Waaaay too much product pimping in what are supposed to be open forums over there.

Realistically though, a problem with "consumer drone" forums is they are too heavily populated by people making their first multirotor a $1,000+ rig, so they know how to use a credit card but don't have basic flying ability. Then again, I 'spose that's what consumer drone forums are for.

RT-Albany and bwells88 like this.
  17. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

I hear what you mean Pat, part of the reason I got tired of the Darkside Forum, too much repetitive whining over and over about the same issues, while a answer was given months before, but they don't want to take the effort to search, so it comes over and over dozens of times!:confused: