Add 3rd party camera to blade chroma

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Dan_singhbere, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Dan_singhbere

Dan_singhbere New Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Male
    I would like to be able to fly practice and blocking flights with a camera I can afford to lose. My first ask is information that documents the 3 wires contained in the cable connecting to the gimbal. Are these just power to the gimbal?

Dan

2. johnny6688

johnny6688 New Member

Sep 17, 2019
    I am wondering if you can put blade chroma receiver in a different quad and use st10+ transmitter with it

3. johnny6688

johnny6688 New Member

Sep 17, 2019
    So how can I find out if the blade chroma receiver will work with at 10 + in a different drone?

4. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

I don't have a Chroma but I think the canle in question is the same as the one at Q500 or Blade 350QX.
    If it looks like this:
    CGO3_Kabel2.JPG
    PWM means the signal for gimbal tilt.

The only proofed usage for Chroma receiver and ST10+ is inside the Blade 350QX2. The I²C bus is compatible with the one at the flight controller in Blade 350QX. This works quite good and give you the possibility to record flight log data (telemetry) from Blade 350QX. Format is a litte bit different to Chroma or Q500 but not much.

The same receiver is also used in Yuneec Q500 and Yuneec Typhoon H. The receiver is called SR24.
    https://fccid.io/2ACS5-SR24

I'm not sure if other drones can work with that I²C interface (possible compatible to SBUS? I don't know).
    On the other hand the ST10+ is not able change channel settings, expo and so on. Thus, it is very limited to use it for other drones.

The ST16 transmitter is more flexible but also there the development for other drones or airplanes was never completed by Yuneec. Firmware remains half-designed, unfortunately.

br HE

5. Dan_singhbere

Dan_singhbere New Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Male
    Thank you. The information provided is just what I was looking for.