Alternate camera on H?

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by San2C, Apr 16, 2019.

1. San2C

San2C New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    #1 San2C, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    I own 2 Typhoon H that I haven't touched in months due to upgrade to an aircraft with a much better camera and I'm wondering before I try to sell these if anyone has tried to install a better camera on an H.

One reason I went with these initially is because they had a removable camera and I assumed the aircraft was upgradable with respect to camera, which apparently isn't possible according to Yuneec.

2. DoomMeister

DoomMeister New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Male
    To my knowledge the only cameras available for the TH are CGO3+ and the CGO-ET thermal. There was talk of releasing the C23 for the TH (the standard camera for the TH Plus), but that has not come to fruition.

WTFDproject likes this.
  3. San2C

San2C New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    That's a real shame, but I was hoping someone figured out a way to make it work.

4. DoomMeister

DoomMeister New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Male
    People have attached other camera and gimbal systems, but they are not powered by the aircraft and control is not through the ST-16. Most other gimbals are not a continuous 360 degree pan either. Weight is also a factor to consider. The CGO3+ weighs 255g, and the CGO-ET weighs 278g. My guess to maintain flight longevity any third party system would have to stay under 300g including power.

5. San2C

San2C New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Sounds messy.

6. Russell Smith

Russell Smith Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    yes and no... I have been using a Samsung 3D camera on both my H and Q500... the kind of problem is it
    doesn't use the same video signal to view it on the ground station... but you can use a separate monitor...
    other cameras I've used ( action cams, etc... ), along with a 3rd party gimbal, you can use the pwm signal
    to get your up and down movements...

7. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male
    I also have to Typhoon H drones I am completely satisfied with the camera it seems as though no matter what we have we always want more or better

8. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male
    I also have to Typhoon h drones I am completely happy with the camera it seems as though no matter what we have we never seem to be happy I find it to be a fine bird and a great camera thank you

9. San2C

San2C New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    Sure, but I'm a cinematographer and people pay me to shoot footage. I get paid to nitpick, haha.

10. Kenneth Solomon

Aug 23, 2016
    Male