Antenna Kits

Discussion in 'ST10(+) Controller' started by Bensven, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Flyingcom

Flyingcom New Member

Jagerbomb52

Awww, so you know me well, right! This is not about knowing me or you, it is about you are going out of order about a comment I made to make people aware. I told on my comment earlier that you do not increase this range any more than what it is already. So, perhaps adds another 500 metres, is it worth paying $150 more or less to fool yourself. If this was okay and suitable why do you think that Yuneec wouldn't have add it on? First of all it is a law in USA/Europe and most other parts of the countries to fly it more than as it is. Where are you going to go with it? Moon? Mars? Please!

Next time, don't go about telling abusive comments like that to people without knowing them whom they are either! Respect is a place everyone deserves on this planet! Hence the reason I put PEACE at the end my comment.

young kwon likes this.
  2. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

really this forum is not a place for a pissing match CHILL OUT!!. enough said

nomad33fw, Jesse Amaya and RonK95 like this.
  3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

LOL ok have it your way. Piece out sir. Have a good day. Lets move on.

RonK95 likes this.
  4. Bensven

Bensven Member

5. Bloodninja

Bloodninja Member

You are obviously here just to start trouble. May I recommend just packing it up and leaving this forum to the people that want uncensored information regarding our hobby.

RonK95 likes this.
  6. Jagerbomb52

20160201_162103.jpg 20160201_162237.jpg

Davidnclearlaketx likes this.
  7. Wieg1

Wieg1 Member

Flyingcom
    I see that you insist to send private messages.
    I invite you not to contact me again privately for to preach or to send judgments on me or the things I've said publicly.
    If you want to express an opinion do it on the forum so that everyone can read and understand who you are.
    Regarding compliance with the law, there is a dedicated topic in this forum,
    http://yuneec-forum.com/threads/laws-rules-info-and-links.87/
    and you do not need to posing as a cop on this forum, or worse, privately with phrases that can be interpreted as offensive.
    Don't worry, be happy, fly with your drone (if you have it) the way you want, if a subject on this forum does not interest you, do not read.
    P.S.
    any other private message you send me will be reported on this forum with copy / paste.

8. Bensven

Bensven Member

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

9. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

Gentle folk.

I have also had these postings as PMs and so it must be the forums fault. :)

We will look at what is happening and hopefully rectify.

Meanwhile back to the thread.

Should anyone get any unwanted PMs. then please add me to the the PM and we will review and take action where required.

Thanks

10. Rnlcomp

Rnlcomp Active Member

WTH is a cuppa?

11. Liam Strain

Liam Strain Member

I assumed either short for "cup of tea" or "cup of coffee" - I'm choosing to act and pour a cup of whiskey, then go to bed.

Jagerbomb52 - thanks for your help. My new antennae arrived today, so I'll be diving into an install this weekend. Much appreciated.

12. yla

ylarik New Member

Hi! Does anyone have experimented with internal antenna mods as well?
    What I mean is that I wouldn't mind opening up my ST10 and replacing some details but what I do not like is aditional extrnal antennas on my ST10. I look at all those pictures and I would guess it is rather risky to transport the ST10 without harming those external antennas.
    So I am thinking if there are any possibilities to replace the stock antennas with better ones but so that all the antennas are inside the ST10.

13. Eric Strunk

Eric Strunk Member

Which internal antenna did you replace for the 2.4? If you where looking at the open back of the ST10... would it be the left or the right? Did you do anything else with the other antenna?

14. Jagerbomb52

15. Eric Strunk

Eric Strunk Member

Thanks,

Was that plugged into the same side of the transmitter board? Did you notice an increase in the telemetry range as well?

16. Jagerbomb52

I have gone 2 miles with my setup and have never lost telemetry. As long as you have signal to the RC you have telemetry. Oh don't tell the long range cops about 2 mile mark :)

17. Eric Strunk

Eric Strunk Member

I'm not so much interested in long range as I am signal. I was shooting a fire tower yesterday and I lost video and telemetry when I past behind the tower. I was only about 100' up and 75' out. I quick ran around the back. To me this is more of a safety issue then anything. The stock video range is just below par with even the cheapest of fpv setups.

And about the range police... That guy has got some serious control issues.

18. billyghawaii

billyghawaii Member

You should not be playing around with the RF on any remote flying devices especially if you do not know the RF terms such "adjacent channel rejection" "inter modulation" "front end overload" "antenna and feed line placement" "harmonic distortion". "Fundamental frequency harmonic products", "RF isolation". If you know these considerations then perhaps you can experiment.

However, I would not recommend it and it would void your warranty. Oh and any issues you created to bring down your drone would be very costly.

Better first to get RC cars and experiment there. The RC car is already on the ground and worst case, would simply stop running.

Not sure what rules in Canada are but in the USA its line of sight and with no sight enhancers except for your general purpose eye glasses.

I'd hate to face 100 plus families to explain why I brought down a commercial airline with my drone.

Let's be nice, be smart, and have some common safety sense with this hobby

19. Eric Strunk

Eric Strunk Member

Read comments completely before posting responses. I said i was not interested in long range but signal strength. I can almost guaranty that you are a licensed HAM operator, am I correct? Because I was majoring in electrical engineering it was suggested to me that i might find amateur radio interesting. I actually was considering my General Class license. However once i realized that attitudes of "some" operators i decided it just wasn't right for me. Not to mention at that time the ridiculous requirements of CW in the test.

No one on this site knows everything. That's why there are message boards, to gain and share knowledge. Not everyone wants to increase signal stability to fly 4 miles away and into an airport. So lets not make that assumption.

I could also say if you don't know engineering terms like "gain transconductance", "parasitic capacitance", "intrinsic impedance" or "reflection coefficient"... You shouldn't be using any type of receivers. Now, while i agree we shouldn't be flying into airports or 2,000 feet in the air, people learn from experimentation. If someone told Tesla that if he didn't understand "induction inherent slip" then he shouldn't be playing around with brush-less AC motors and he listened and stopped experimenting... we'd all still be sending letters instead of email.

My advise is to have fun, take things apart and learn! Never discourage someone from asking a question by implying that if they're not experts they shouldn't even be talking about it. That's what this forum is for... To learn.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  20. billyghawaii

billyghawaii Member

I understand where your coming from but you and I know the things that can go wrong - and you and I know where we should not run ant wire that transmits when it comes to a flying model that depends on full control. You not mentioning the complexities of playing with RF when you got a$1000 bird flying in the sky doesn't make it safer to fly.

My only mission was to save people from loosing money if they don't know the full story about RF like you and I do. I for one, with my limited, knowledge and experience would not go there. But to each his own. What do you think Yuneec will say if you tell them your bird crashed while you were experimenting with aftermarket radio systems on your drone. That should be the guiding principle.

Yes, I am a ham radio operator and we do extensive experimenting with repeater systems. But the biggest problem we might have poor reception. In dealing with drones its loose a drone or worst case. Hit someone on the way down. Even AMA would deny your claim for insurance money. That's all... Saving people money by lending them some reality experience that could save $$$

I'm sure you agree. If you felt slighted then I sincerely apologize. My wife does tell me I'm too harsh with word at times. Forgive me please