Any Q500 pilots in Jamaica West Indies?

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Howard Forrest, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Howard Forrest

Howard Forrest New Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Male
    Greetings from Jamaica. I have not flown my Q500 in perhaps 2 to 3 years. I disposed of my 4 batteries but never touched the battery in the controller. Need to remove it though. In addition to buying new batteries and recalibration of compass, what will I need to do to resume flying? Any upgrades to download? Any new/improved batteries?

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    There is a small Watch sized battery on the GPS unit inside the Q500. It will probably be dead by now. The battery is very durable, and can be recharged, but recharging is very,very slow. If the battery is fully discharged, it will take 72 hours to recharge. The only way to recharge it is to power the drone up, and leave it turned on. One member devised a way to connect a 12 volt power supply to the drone's normal flight battery connectors to avoid having to change out flight batteries every couple hours.
    The battery can be replaced with a new one if you are good at soldering small items, but it may be hard to find a new one.

GPS Battery.jpg

3. Howard Forrest

Howard Forrest New Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Male
    Wow!!! Thanks very much for that important bit of info. Did not know of that battery.

4. wayne delvecchio

wayne delvecchio New Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Male
    Neither did I know of that battery and I have flown for 4 years.