Anyone ever try Bestbuy to handle repairs Successfully ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LetThereBeFlight, Jan 11, 2019.

1. LetThereBeFlight

LetThereBeFlight New Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Tried to return for repair to yuneec using Bestbuy, they were absolutely clueless !
    'did you buy it here'?, 'oh they are not an authorized dealer', 'no we can not use that address even if it is where you want it returned', 'do you have an extended warranty', all the bs, blah blah.

they at first were insulting and did not believe what i said that the yuneec website said about returns via BB, checked w/ cell phone NOT knowing that most websites are diff from computer vs cell phones - kinda have to be if you have a clue about coding/s/w.

then they insulted by asking warranty and i said bought nov 15th and then the idiot in 'charge' said that is over 12 months, moron did not ask which yr, as if even the the 8yr old man-child moron in WH would not be clever (he is not) to know how to measure 12 months, pretty insulting.

also was going to charge the 'standard' fee for a return

wasted 1:15hr !!

so i left, telling them that they were completely incompetent!
    deciding i will try NEVER to buy anything from BB EVER again.

overall a very lousy experience.

Great way to create an 'enemy for life' and will bad mouth them any chance i get, $$ into coffers seems all they want.

2. Yusidius

Yusidius New Member

Jan 12, 2019
    If I'm not mistaken you can hand it directly to a Yuneec distributor too.

3. Lambruceco

Lambruceco New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    I had good success with my Q500+ Repair at a company in Syracuse NY, United Radio, phone 800-634-8606. Give them a call. You will need an RMA before sending the drone in for repair. My repair was just over a year ago. I shipped the unit in the original hard case (with foam liners) that came with it and also used the cardboard box that the hard case came in. Hope this helps!

The full ship address a year ago was...

UR Technologies:
    Yuneec Repair
    5717 Enterprise Pkwy
    East Syracuse, NY 13057

4. conrad

conrad New Member

Jan 30, 2019
    Male
    I have question for the forum I bought a q5004k 2nd hand but the Q500 was used one time . it look brand new . I try to bind it many times with no luck . Called Yuneec Tech support and they when thru the same process that I did without any results they told I have to send it in for repair . But to cover the repair I will need a proof of purchase(EbAY) that I don't have . My question is has anybody send in the Q500 for repair without any warranty and what the cost might be in general.

5. wayne delvecchio

wayne delvecchio New Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Male
    This is who i used and they are dependable with great communication, i would suggest.