Anyone experience being locked out or unable to fly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steven M Davis, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Steven M Davis

Steven M Davis New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Male
    I'm tired of my DJI product telling me that I can't fly where I want to, especially since I have permission. Wondering if there are any issues with Yuneec products....I'm thinkin of convertin over...thoughts?

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    Never had an issue with my Chroma.

Codestar7 and cat320exv like this.
  3. Jonathan Enssle

Oct 23, 2017
    Male
    Student
    Boulder Colorado
    Change all the settings you want. Yuneec allows you to remove no fly zones, height restrictions (my height is set at 3160' +or-) and I have flown about a mile from a small craft airport. I don't do that anymore, just to keep my parents happy, but Yuneec will let you change all the restrictions. I am thinking about a Mavic Air. Any thoughts Davis?

Codestar7 and Russell Smith like this.
  4. Steven M Davis

Steven M Davis New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Male
    Jon, thanks for info on Yuneec. I have no experience with Mavic, any of them. I will say the phantoms, I've had the 1,3 and 4, each got better and fly very nicely. Also have Inspire 1 and 2. Each just gets better. The Inspire 2 is a workhorse, speed and stable, a real pleasure. The Inspire 1 is a bit less stable. The Matrice 210, solid as a rock but the bigger you get, the more truck like, so what's your mission, pick your poison.

Codestar7 likes this.
  5. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
    East Tennessee, USA
    You been use to those nice DJI Cameras? I went to Phantom4Pro from a Q5004k because of the camera.

6. Kenneth Solomon

Aug 23, 2016
    Male
    Ive been told that Yuneec's new E23 Camera that will come on the Typhoon H Plus will match or out perform the Phantom 4 Pro camera and also be reverse programmable so it will work on the standard Typhoon H.. Does anyone know if this is true????

7. Edward Meijer

Edward Meijer Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    I have the H520 no problems flying anywhere.
    I have sold all of my DJI equipment for that very reason, could not fly anywhere.
    Perhaps I missed something, last time I checked the FAA was in charge of all USA airspace, not some company from a communist country.

gnomad likes this.