Battery life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jgarivay, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jgarivay

Jgarivay New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Hi everybody quick question is it normal for your yunnec Q 500 4k battery to last only 15 minutes does a charger have to do anything with it

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

As the battery ages you will start to see the time decrease. How many cycles do you figure you have on your battery?

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Here are few additional battery best practices to keep in mind:

• Don’t store a fully charged or discharged battery for an extended period of time.
    • Don’t fully deplete the battery.
    • Store the battery in a dry and ventilated area at room temperature.
    • Fully charge the battery for your first flight and after periods of long-term storage.
    • Fully charge the battery at least once every three months.

4. Jgarivay

Jgarivay New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    I had the drone for about 4 months maybe 10 cycles at the most

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

Most of my Yuneec batteries started getting between 15-18 minutes after 4 or 5 months. When they where new I would get at best 22 minutes. Here are some reason for shorter flight times. I think its just Yuneecs batteries that are not that great myself.

There are several weather-related factors that directly impact battery life and flight times:

• Cold temperatures: Many quadcopters use lithium-polymer (LiPo) batteries, which are less efficient in cold weather. When the temperatures dip, you can expect your flight times to dip as well.
    • Hot temperatures: When the weather is hot the drone needs to work harder to generate lift. This additional demand on the motors requires more power and has a negative impact on the flight time. In hot weather, you might have to wait longer for batteries to cool down before you recharge them, which means lengthier periods between flights as well.
    • Wind: In windy conditions, the drone uses more power with each maneuver and burns battery life just trying to maintain a steady position. Flying in strong winds (anything over 20 MPH) is risky and should be avoided. If you choose to head out when it’s windy expect a more difficult flight and shorter flight times.
    • Precipitation: The added resistance on your drone from rain, snow, or any other precipitation impacts the duration of the drone’s flight.

Mario Rodriguez likes this.
  6. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
    East Tennessee, USA
    I can confirm also that the Yuneec Factory Batteries that came with my TyphoonQ5004k did not last all that long. About 6-7 months then they degraded in time and started to puff. They are gone now and I switched to GIFI from Carolina Dronz.

Jgarivay likes this.
  7. Jason7

Jason7 New Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Are the Gifi batteries better?

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com