Battery

Discussion in 'Mantis Q' started by Leek, Nov 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Leek

Leek New Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Male
    So when I put my battery in the charger sometimes it just gives along beep sound..... then if I take the battery out all the lights on the charger go green. I put the battery in the charger, I get like 4 slow blinks then no light..... battery works and has like 47 percent power in it..... thoughts?

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Did you unplug the charger, let it sit a minute, and plug it back in?

3. DoomMeister

DoomMeister Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Male
    I suspect the battery has a cell that is below 3.2V and the charger detects this and aborts the charge cycle. The following link is on another forum and is for the Breeze, but it has a diagram for measuring the battery with a multimeter (Mantis has the same pin out). Report the results you get on all three cells in a reply to this thread.

Have you tried charging in all three slots of the charger and get the same result?

Do you have more than the one battery and if so do you get the same results?

WTFDproject likes this.
  4. Leek

Leek New Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Male
    Thanks guys for the quick reply.

Yes, I have tried multiple times different slots, same response. I will follow up after I do as the recent response suggests

Thanks again.

5. Leek

Leek New Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Male

Hey, I don't see a link.

6. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
  7. DoomMeister

DoomMeister Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Male
    #7 DoomMeister, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    That was the right post. My bad for failing to paste the link. Guess those brain farts are contagious.

The other thing I meant to add to the earlier post is that the Mantis batteries are LiHV and not regular LiPo cells. Full charge on the cells is 4.35V or 13.05V for the pack. The charger may even over charge the cells to 4.4V giving a total of 13.2V for a fully charged pack.

WTFDproject likes this.