Q500 be advised: Lanlan props

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by skypuppy7, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sky

skypuppy7 Member

While my 2 drones are down, and with only 1 set of props each, I took a chance and ordered some Lanlan props ($11/set of 4 plus o-rings.) I guess they are worth that but I haven't flown with them yet. Got a good balancing rod from CD (thanks, Frank, because someone mislabeled the one that was shipped to me.) Checked the balance on my remaining Yuneec props and all were dead-on. So, started checking the Lanlan props. All 5 sets, all 20 props, were out of balance and it seemed like they were out by about the same amount. Curiously, all were heavy on the side with the A/B stamp! So, some manual labor will be required to balance these guys properly. Wish I had a high-power pulse laser. :) Well, I do, but the gas needs replacing. And I have to find it. Found the props on Amazon so if you look there, good price but some assembly required.

These props also have some dihedral, while the factory ones do not. Remains to be seen if that is a noticeable advantage or not, and I won't know until I get my drone and cameras back from Yuneec. <heavy sigh>

Tags: