Blade Chroma -- Fail Safe

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Roberto_V, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Roberto_V

Roberto_V New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Hi everybody. I am flying Chroma, I need to know following:

• Is there any FAILSAFE system? What happened if I lost the signal from transmitter (but GPS will be still active and locked)
    Thanks

Chris Moss likes this.
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    I'm not sure, but I would venture to say no. I don't think there's an issue as there is no talk of it. My rule of thumb is "if you can't see it, don't fly it"

Chris Moss likes this.
  3. John Cuppi

John Cuppi Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Male
    All of the proper failsafes are embedded in the controller by Blade.

When you power off your transmitter, the Chroma will enter failsafe/return to home. You can verify this by taking all of the props off and then turning off the ST-10+ or a Spektrum TX. Watch what it does. Signal loss triggers the same thing, naturally.

Failsafes have nothing to do with this and are important to have on any RC aircraft. Even if you are flying line of sight, you still need to setup a failsafe. Transmitters are not infallible; and there is always a potential for interruption. ST-10+ is an android based system; if for any reason it crashes, it will lose connection. The Chroma HAS to come back home or do something, imagine if it just drifted off in any direction or worse -- was stuck on the very last stick input that it received, waiting for the next one. That is a really bad situation.

Fortunately Blade products make this easy -- in fact there's nothing at all for anyone to do, but on other platforms you need to tell the FC board what to do. Bind and fly, nothing to think about. :D

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    I did not know that. Very comforting to know. Thanks

5. Roberto_V

Roberto_V New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Thank you for the help, greetings

6. Scarakus

Scarakus New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Female
    If you have some altitude, or a straight line of sight, Flip the 'Home' switch and prey.