Blade Chroma Flyaway

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Graeme, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Gra

Graeme New Member

I just had my Chroma fly away... I was hovering at about 500 feet and taking pictures when it started wobbling back and forth then just took off in a straight line. I tried manual control with no response then hit the return to home switch but it just kept flying away.

Please can anyone help?? I have the flight telemetry but I don't know how to read it. I don't think it will show where it landed because it was still up quite high and had lots of battery when I lost radio connection.

I don't know what to do now....

Tags:
  2. Stinger

Stinger Member

Hello Graeme,
    I developed a tool to analyze my Chroma-data a while ago. -It's in the Download-section. Look for ChromaLogConverter!
    -Or just send or upload your log-files, and I'll analyze it. *curious if we can track it down* :)
    Greetings,
    Stinger

3. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Just upload the last telemetry file (csv). Then we can easily see what happened. And also what direction and speed it is gone. Possibly the area can be found where it is or may be.

Stingers tool or this one may help to understand, what caused the problem: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip

It works not only for Q500 but for all Yuneec SW copters including Blade Chroma or Blade 350QX.

br. HE

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  4. Gra

Graeme New Member

I was able to look at my telemetry information and track it down. Luckily it landed safely and has no damage. I would like to know what you think about the cause though. Stinger I appreciate your tool and tried it but still don't know enough about analyzing the data to know what may have caused the problem.

I think the problem was caused because it was too windy out... I hesitated flying because it was fairly windy but I tested it at low altitude and it was hovering well. I just wanted to snap a couple of pictures of a friends house and I drove half hour to get there so I chanced it. Probably shouldn't have. I would still like to know what the actual failure was. If it was wind related why would I lose total control? I was trying to bring it back down and it would not respond to the controls.

Thank you for your assistance guys! I appreciate it!

Attached Files:

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Somewhere around the 6 minute mark the Chroma switched from angle mode to angle mode with no GPS. Was that something you did or did it do it by itself?
    There were no error flags that I could see.

chroma.jpg

DroneOrBoat likes this.
  6. Jagerbomb52

Davee123 likes this.
  7. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

And this is like it looks at Google Earth:
    fly_away_heading_north.jpg

br HE

Attached Files:

DroneOrBoat likes this.
  8. Jagerbomb52

h-elsner
    According to his last post he did find it and it landed safely with no damage. He just wants to know why he had no control. I am thinking with GPS off and strong winds as he said it just got away on him.

9. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Yes, you are right. Read the whole stuff helps a lot. ;)
    I was too busy to analyse the stuff.

However, again I see no reason, why it lost GPS. Number sats is good, accuracy is good, no reason to switch it off. If it is really so that strong winds result in GPS cut down, then I would say, this is not good. This is the second case that looks similar.

br HE

10. DroneOrBoat

DroneOrBoat Active Member

YOU GUYS !!!
    Thats some incredible crap. You use the flight telemetry information and come up with a GPS stream, link it to Google maps and find a lost drone? THATS SOME SHUZITS......
    Almost want to close my eyes and send my drone off to some unknown space just to see if you guys can find it. But I won't. Still, thats pretty damn incredible.

AerialAnt and Jagerbomb52 like this.
  11. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Purple flashing is not a sign of GPS loss? I thought on the H it was a sign of GPS signal being good? Am I wrong and have been flying fine with GPS for 8 months and have always a flashing purple light !

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
  12. Jagerbomb52

This is a Chroma not the Typhoon H, apples and oranges bud :)

13. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Wouldn't know, I've been eating delicious DJI apples for so long, except a sour orange Typhoon H, LMAO!