Blade Chroma single beep and flash

Discussion in 'Help' started by Ben M, Oct 23, 2018.

1. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Uncommon problem, and unfortunately, technical documentation is hard to find online, much less, for free these days. Most things aren't intended to be repair, least not on the component level, or by consumers.

I don't think it's lost yet, got it to respond to power, so you know it's doing something. The cleaning seemed to go a lot quicker than expected, considering the size, and number of pins on components these days. Pretty sure, when you power-up, it does a self test, check to see if everything is attached and functional. Hate to suggest, but you might want to take it a part again, and inspect everything close up, magnifying glass close. Check the PCB traces, make sure none are broken or shorted. Check the connectors for dirt, and electrically clean. Hard to tell on the female side. You may be able to check with a VOM meter on the solder pads at both ends of the cables.

The flashing light, and generated ton, sort of indicates the main processor is working, just a fatal flaw, and shuts down. Only a guess, and no clue what or where to look. Lot of board to check over, each pin and PCB trace is important.

Jagerbomb52 and Ben M like this.
  2. Ben M

Ben M Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Sounds like a fun adventure for me. My guess is that theres dirt in the connectors. Do you just suggest sanding them down to clean them?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Yuneec-Forum.com mobile app

3. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I'd only use sanding as a last resort, if corroded really bad, and no other way of getting at bare metal. Should keep in mind, most have a thin layer of a metal that resists oxidation. Oxidation doesn't conduct well, or at all, if it gets bad. Connectors are pretty safe though, if they stay connected, since the metal against metal should keep it clean. If sanding is the only way to get clean metal, be gentle.

It seems to shut down pretty quick, which would make me suspect the main board first. No way to tell what the program check for first or last, but processing would seem like the higher priority, no need to check any further, if it can't handle the inputs. There are a lot of tiny chips, with pins very close together, easy to miss something.