Blade Chrome only 3 motors active

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by F Axtell, Dec 27, 2017.

1. F Axtell

F Axtell New Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Male
    Hello fellow Droners,

Have a Blade Chroma 4k, that I made the mistake of using one of the crazy modes. Drone flew up fast and then turned upside down and flew down headed for the ground.

Now 1 motor will not turn on. I replaced the motor, but it just slightly twitches when I turn on the rotors, before all three motors shut down. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad main control board or one of the other components in the drone that likely needs replaced?

Thanks.

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    I suspect the board. Did you take the motor apart to see if there is any dirt jamming it? I did the exact same thing when I first got mine. I accidentally switched to agility mode.....it crashed so fast I didn't know what happened.

3. Ben M

Ben M Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    How do you even get into agility mode? I have seen videos of people switching to agility mode, flipping, then switching back to angle mode. The issue is that I don't even know how they binded their transmitter different and have no clue how even activate agility mode.

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    To switch to agility/stagility mode the motors cannot be running. Start both the chroma and st10. You have to be in rabbit or turtle mode. I forget so you have to try both but I think it's turtle mode. Put the st10 in RTH. Then hold the right stick all the way down and while holding it down take your other hand and toggle the mode switch 4 times up and down. You will notice the lights change color RTH is still all red (RTH only works in stagility mode). Middle position the rear lights will be blue, this is stagility mode. Upper position all lights will be white, this is ability mode. To switch back to normal modes just reverse the process. Either of these modes give yo full throttle control so when you start the engines you MUST hold the throttle down or it will take off if you like it or not. In STAGILITY mode the chroma will still hold column but not altitude. In AGILITY mode you have full control.
    THIS IS IMPORTANT: If you are going to attempt any of these modes you should be an experienced pilot. At first you should be in an open field with no wind. The chroma will be very fast. I do not recommend agility mode because it's hard (for me at least) to control. If you can't fly confidently without gps do NOT attempt agility mode. I also recommend taking the camera off. If you are brave enough, you have to be in agility mode to do flips.
    GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFULL BECAUSE IF YOU AREN'T 100% SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING YOU WILL CRASH!