Blade issues

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by 5star, Dec 18, 2016.

1. 5st

5star New Member

Baught this in July 2016. was great til the last couple of weeks. It would appear the charger has crapped out after about a dozen flights. Really?? I paid $700.00 for this?? So now I spent $45.00 for a HiTech x2 and all I'm getting from both channels are "Connection Break" RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. spent many years fly R.C Gas Air Craft and used 99% HiTech Stuff and never had an issue. I'm about 1 day away from crushing this drone and calling it a $700.00 waste of $$$ Everything Ive read online even says the new charger is crap right out of the box.......so why should I not toss this in the trash???

Tags:
  2. Cac

Cacinfool New Member

My experience with the Connection Break error is your battery is below minimum voltage. Google dead lips for potential fixes.

3. 5st

5star New Member

so....any suggtions how to get the voltage Up??

4. 2LaneTraveler

2LaneTraveler Member

I have a battery that would not charge with the original charger because it was below minimum voltage. I actually jump-started it with my 12 volt automotive battery charger on the 2 Amp setting. I only had the charger connected for about 30 seconds and it was enough to bring the voltage up to where the original charger would charge the battery. This was several months ago the battery still functions although it looks to be swelling. I don't know if that was caused by running the battery too low or the JumpStart.
    Now for my disclaimer, 20161207_151440.jpg
    try this at your own risk.

5star likes this.
  5. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

I jumped my up to a chargeable level with my HiTex

6. Cac

Cacinfool New Member

I've done it two different ways.
    Connect the low voltage age battery to a charged battery, only takes about a minute, although it may take longer depending on how low the voltage is. Don't keep them connected any more than a minute at a time. Connect post to pos and neg to net.
    The other is to set your charger to ni-metal and run for a minute check voltage if still to low run for another minute.
    As stated in an earlier post do this at you're own risk.
    Most importantly to not leave your batteries unattended any time you are charging them.

7. 5st

5star New Member

wow...thanks for the relies....I have used the 12 volt jump start method with the NiCads in my R.C. trucks and some of my Aircraft by just "brushing" the leads across a car battery....but on a Lipo??? I will admit my experience with a Lipo is not much.I did finally got a reading from the Hi-Tech Charger showing a big fat set of "ZEROS" in the middle with a total of 7.5 volts total. the battery is also showing a slight bulge on the bottom......

8. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

If it's bulging even the slightest, soak it overnight in salt water and trash it! Bulging lipo's are dangerous!

9. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Why jump all over the chroma when you have an issue with charging batteries? Were they stored at the proper voltage?

DroneClone likes this.
  10. 5st

5star New Member

thanks for the info on how to dispose of the Lipo.....planning on replaceing it.
    @Lawrence........First of all, I paid $700.00 for this drone......its not chump change. I almost didn't by I at all......Ive been pretty much only been re-employed for 2 yrs at a 70% pay cut from my 70K a year job I USE TO HAVE until the idiots in Washington D.C destroyed my career. My R.C. Plane portion of the "Air Force" has been grounded since 2009 due to my unemployement....a grand total of about 5K invested...1/4 & 1/5 scale. It was also my fiancé who kind pushed me because she knew how much I miss flying my planes. So when I spend $700.00, only have a product for 4 months and flying 2 time a weeks the first 2 1/2 months and very little instructional support in the instructions from the manufacturer on the care and maintaining a Lipo battery.......this from a retired ASE Master Tech who worked at the dealship level.....so yes. I do read instructions.........the Drone its self, when if flies is a blast. I just think Yuneec needs to do a review and re-write. This drone flies so well and so simple I had even my 22 yr old son take the controls and with little instruction.....Yuneec needs to use a better charger instead of the "chepo" one they ship with the unit.....a Hi-Tech X1 would be perfect......

11. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Yuneec is definitely lacked on information! But this forum will help in most all areas of information you will need!

12. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

Unfortunately no effort will be put into the chroma by yuneec as it's discontinued.
    Too bad because it's a great flyer. I didn't like the supplied charger so I picked up an X2.

13. 5st

5star New Member

@ Lawrence......Ya I know they have. What I'm looking for is REAL information on charging and caring for Lipo batteries. This was really new stuff back in 2009 when I was force to park my gas Planes. I also have a Park Zone Citabria electric I'm gonna play with

14. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

15. 5st

5star New Member

Thanks....I bookmarked it so I can read it later.....