Book - Aerial Photography and videography using drone by Eric Cheng

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Denis56, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Denis56

Denis56 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Male
    Drones operator & pro photographer
    Le Palais - FRANCE
    #1 Denis56, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Hi,

A new book in english:

[​IMG]

Aerial Photography and videography using drone

Publisher: Pearson publisher
    Author and photographies: Eric Cheng
    288 pages in color
    Dimensions: 6" x 9"
    Soft cover
    1st edition (October 2015) - Available in traditional print, or as an eBook (EPUB, MOBI, and PDF).
    US $: 44.99 - CAN $: 55.99 (traditional print)
    ISBN 13: 978-0-13-412277-9

Website of the book: http://aerialphotographybook.com
    Eric Cheng aerial pictures website: www.skypixel.org
    Eric Cheng photographer website: www.echengphoto.com

[​IMG]

Eric Cheng
    , the author, is an underwater photographer and the publisher of this underwater photography reference website and community on the web: www.wetpixel.com. I knew him for a few years for that. Indeed, I am scubadiving instructor and professional underwater photographer ;-)
    In previous careers, Eric was Director of Aerial Imaging at DJI / General Manager of DJI's SF Bay Area office and Director of Photography at Lytro.
    Eric is on the advisory board of U.S. Association of Unmanned Aerial Videographers (UAVUS), Drone World Expo (DWE), and UAViators Humanitarian UAV Network, and is a mentor at Startupbootcamp. Eric is also a Field Associate with the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, California.
    Eric lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife, Pam, and baby son, Mako.

My opinion:
    It is understandable that this book shows many examples with DJI drones or application (DJI app., DJI's log), GoPro, for exercises and demonstrations. Indeed, Eric Cheng, the author was Director of Aerial Imaging at DJI / General Manager of DJI's SF Bay Area office. FAA regulations for USA are only presented too. But it's difficult to present everything unless you do a book dealing only on the regulation of drones worldwide ;-) This is in my opinion, the only critics. Although some examples of 3DR, Parot, Husban, Blade drones are presented in the book.
    This book is very visual, in a pleasant text to read with numerous examples and color photos.
    Equipment, ground station, mission planing, exercices to learn to fly, camera settings, aerial photography techniques (basics, Adobe Lightroom and panoramas, time-lapse, HDR, photogrammetry with Pix4D soft, aerial videography, jello, aerial video techniques, live aerial video streamming, Periscope and others App....
    For chapter #5: Getting the shot; real-world stories, you could discover very nice aerial pictures all over the world as illustrations of aerial photography with drone. Holuhraun volcano picture taken in 2015 by drone (DJ Inspire 1) is the most impressive for me.
    For last chapter #6: flight, policy and travel, air travel with drones, customs, responsability and change...
    Yuneec and it website is quote as a camera drone manufacters in the resources (Appendix)
    I like it ;-)