Brand new DJI Phantom 4 Professional (P4P+) CRUSHED by Truck!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jagerbomb52, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Wingshooter

Wingshooter Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
    East Tennessee, USA
    That is wild.

2. Davidnclearlaketx

Davidnclearlaketx Active Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Texas/USA
    Damn sad.
    :( Looks like someone did do it on purpose but that is one strong core/frame for sure. ..or just not paying attention...unless it was just a big truck and he didn't even see the P4P+ until after he rolled over it.

Can we all take a moment of silence for our lost friend gone to DJI heaven.

3. Davidnclearlaketx

Davidnclearlaketx Active Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Male
    Texas/USA
    Sweep up all the pieces, bag it all up and send back to DJI for warranty....sensor malfunction... heheeheh
    ;)

4. Luke Warm

Luke Warm Guest

That does it! I'm selling my GMC 2500HD Club Cab 4x4 with a long bed because I feel crushed as a drone owner. With the proceeds from the sale, I'm buying a Smart Car and a DJI Phantom 4.

Also, I'm wondering why the guy (when he saw the slow moving truck driving along on that stretch of road) didn't walk over to the drone and take it out of harms way?

Toypilot likes this.
  5. GabeZ

GabeZ Active Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    New Mexico
    I've got a feeling that they were too far away from it, or they were trying to flag down the driver and it still got crushed. Because the battery was on, perhaps the pilot of it was also not paying attention at the same time. In any case, it's still rather disheartening. These drones aren't cheep, and had that been an Inspire 1 or 2, someone probably would have lost it and chased the guy down.

6. terbobob

terbobob New Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Male
    WAY too many questions to make ANY accusations on either the driver of the PU , or on the pilot of the drone.