Breeze on airline

Discussion in 'Breeze' started by CG Costello, Oct 6, 2016.

1. CG Costello

CG Costello New Member

Can I take my Breeze and batteries on a commercial airline? If so, are there any precautions?

2. Gun

Gunnie37 Member

Contact TSA

3. Jim

Jim A Member

Batteries should be at Storage Charge (3.80v per cell) and packed so they are separated from making contact with other batteries. Best if you can put them in a LiPo safe battery case. They must be in your carry on luggage with you in the plane. Not your checked luggage in the cargo hold!

4. WesBur13

WesBur13 Member

also tape the contacts or cover them with something, and if they ask its a Li-ion ;)

5. CG Costello

CG Costello New Member

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a lipo battery bag. Hope it makes it on board.

6. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

From some people they say if asked what it is just say camera equipment. It kind of covers batteries and the drone at the same time.

7. Pat

PatR Moderator Staff Member

Don't lie, they know what lithium chemistries are what. They can read too...

8. WesBur13

WesBur13 Member

Hence the winking face. Sarcasm

9. ale

alexbee New Member

I flew American Airlines from Newark NJ to Houston TX and then to Brazil with my Breeze in my carryon luggage. At X-ray in NJ the TSA agent asked me what was in the bag and told me he was going to check. I said I had a small drone in the bag. He put his gloves on and opened the bag, told me he was going to take my drone and do a "quick test". He took my breeze to a restricted room and came back 1 min later saying it was all clear . I had bought a lipo safety bag for the batteries even though I was told it was not necessary for this small drone. Indeed the TSA agent didn't ask me to put the batteries in the lipo safety bag and I traveled with the drone and the 2 batteries in the original breeze case. No problem with my international flight as well, and in Brazil the Xray agents didn't even notice there was something in my bag. Do not worry and don't panic when the agents take a look at your Breeze

10. twowingers

twowingers Member

Welcom C G

11. Dun

Duncan New Member

That's good to know. I will be flying into U.S. but was not planning on bringing the Breeze along as after 13 hours flight, I do not want to be hassled and get stuck in the airport for several hours. It sounds like the Breeze will not bring me much hassle if I haul it along. I just need to have it registered with the FAA.