CAmera not tilting on new Q500

Discussion in 'Help' started by JONATHAN HODGE, Jul 5, 2015.

1. JON

JONATHAN HODGE New Member

Hi everyone....I just got a new q500 last week....absolutely thrilled and everything works perfect EXCEPT....

I cannot get the transmitter S10 to tilt the camera.....it beeps when I use the slider, the camera records and takes photo's....the camera returns to home position when I tilt the Q500 manually or in flight.....but the tilt feature wont let the camera tilt down for me.

Cannot for the life of me find any people with the same issue.....

Firmware updated....what do I need to do any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Tags:
    dezo el likes this.
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Try the GUI and calibrate it. If that don't work try to rebind it. If that don't work use a shot gun and call customer support

3. JON

Locked and loaded. I tried the GUI and rebinded once efore but tried them again to be sure....and still the camera does everything except respond to the tilt command! Thanks!

4. Liam Strain

Liam Strain Member

Contact support. A few possibilities that come to mind are loose wires/bad connection in the quick-release jack, servo issue in the gimbal (does it work with the hand held steadycam?) missing connection to the receiver in the quad, or a broken pot in the ST10.

5. hansg

hansg Member

I know that there are two pairs of wires from the drone to the CGO2. One is for power (which is obviously present when everything is working), the second is a signal cable used for tilting the camera. That one was broken on my machine after a crash and I had exactly the same symptoms as you are describing. Everything worked, but I couldn't tilt the camera. So that is probably what's going on with yours. Check the connectors on the gimbal, maybe one of them is loose. Below are all the connectors of the CGO2 with their meaning. I think they originate from another brand of drone, but at least you can see all the connectors. The one I am talking about, is the 'D' connector on the lower image.

bottom.jpg topofboard.jpg

Jagerbomb52 likes this.
  6. JON

Thanks for all the great answers.....this is what I am seeing using the pictures above.....I believe that connector D is detached....it was buried in the camera (and as I said it has been like this since unboxing, as in not tilting).

The connector looks like it is is not meant to look the way it does if that makes sense! Just doesn't look clean! And on the row where the D connector is meant to be....I only see two connectors and this third one hanging loose. On hold for tech support now....will let you know what they have to say!

Thanks again.

glitch fixin likes this.
  7. JON

Looks like that's the culprit the detached cable..... It is sent in for repairs.

8. dezo el

dezo el New Member

9. dezo el

dezo el New Member

It-happened-to-me- cannot get the transmitter S10+ to tilt the camera.....it beeps when I use tilt-up-tilt-down- the camera records and takes photo's....the camera will return home.

10. Stephen Frame

Stephen Frame New Member

I had the same no tilt problem after a minor crash. I connected the CGO3 to the Q500 with the appropriate cable and it now tilts. Quick fix, not sure if I'll ever try opening up the camera to check connections.

11. erk

erkin New Member

I have same issue for long time and I could not achieve that. I had minor crash with result of damaged cgo2. A member of Yuneec helped me a lot (thanks mrburns). Then I got some parts and new cgo2+. Now everything works except tilting function. Camera tilting works with steadigrip but not with q500. I opened the frame of q500 a lot of times, I checked the cables, board, checked the circuits and they are okay. Firmwares are up to date. I rebind everything, tried to calibrate cgo2+... I don't know why but it's not working.

12. sky

skypuppy7 Member

Please remind me how to calibrate (to) the CGO3.
    Thanks.