Typhoon G Camera won’t record via controller.

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Keester, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Keester

Keester New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    System communication with camera is fine, picture is fine. But fails to start recording. I can manually press record and it works. But not by controller. Any ideas?

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Assuming you have an ST-10 Controller: Did you check hardware monitor to verify the record button is working?

3. Keester

Keester New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Yes because it says failed to start recording. After a few seconds after pushing it.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

4. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    What camera are you using?
    Can you use a smartphone APP to see if the camera itself is responding to remote start /stop record commands?

5. Keester

Keester New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Hero 4 black, also hero 3. Neither would start record. They do everything else. In the manual page showing buttons on 10+ controller says camera start/stop button. (Disabled) don’t know why it says disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

6. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Please tell me how you reached the page that says Start / Stop record is disabled. That may be a clue we can follow.

Another thing to try is an adjustment of the camera button itself. These buttons sometimes get bumped in too far, and can no longer change state correctly. The solution is to grab the button part with a pair of plyers, pull it out a little, and see if it works. Use a piece of cloth to prevent damage to the plastic of the button. Don't worry if you pull it all the way off. That is part of how it is dismantled, and you just push it back on.

7. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Never mind. I did not realize it said that in the manual. Has the button ever worked?

8. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    I searched on another forum. The information I found was from 2015, but the story was that GoPro would never sell the start/stop codes to Yuneec, so it is not possible to use the Yuneec controller button to start/stop recording. It has to be started manually before the flight.

Steve Carr likes this.
  9. Keester

Keester New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Figures, they have their own platform. Greed. Makes you buy newer as well. Thank you for your time. Yuneec should have explained better as well.

Sent from my iPad using Yuneec-Forum.com