Can I start a how to crash a typhoon group?

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Eric in Richardson Texas, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Eric in Richardson Texas

Aug 24, 2018
    I have spent more time crashing my typhoon then flying it. help!

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

If it is all pilot error maybe you should find another hobby :)

Any info you can provide for others to learn is always welcome.
    Post away

3. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

With so little information, can only only guess... I'd guess it's mostly the "Smart" mode functions, which I don't intentionally use. I had thought about it a few times, but the first three wide open places I could think of, as perfect test ground, wasn't wide open anymore. And after reading about the many problems people have, and what sort of benefits I could receive, decided I don't really need them for anything. They are Smart, in the sense that they take some of the flight control burden off the pilot. The reality, is they are advanced features, you need to spend time learning, a little at a time.. Not just flip the switch, and dive right in. I don't think the advanced features are actually intended as set-and-forget, you still need to watch, make adjustments, or take control, as needed. Sure, really good pilots can do some amazing things, and make it look so easy too, but they earned it, it's called experience, something that can't be bought or sold, only shared.

I guess most people want instant gratification these days, too little time and patience. But you really need to start off slow, and learn and master the most basic controls first. These skills are what you will use later, if you get into trouble doing more advanced stuff. There is no 'Anti-Crash' button, where one press, on all is corrected for you. Basically, when things start to go wrong, only the pilot can prevent the crash (sometimes). The key is to progress a little at a time, be able to stay incontrol at all times, not push yourself to the limit every flight. The 'limit', is usually where you either win or loose the game. Learning to fly, isn't a game, and losing, is called Crashing.

4. st450r

st450r New Member

Jun 25, 2018
    #4 st450r, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2018
    Your time will come

Sent from my LGMP450 using Yuneec-Forum.com mobile app

5. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    Wow - I see you're new here...and you came only to complain. And THEN you leave your most recent reply - which won't win you any friends. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

6. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    Very good advice for beginners. Well said.

7. San2C

San2C New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    From my brief experience, research, and one as yet unexplained crash:

Get the magnetology app and use it. I don't know what level of geomagnetic disturbance is considered no-fly time, but that of course can be researched.

Stay away from power lines, especially high tension lines, related transformers, large masses of ferrous metal, and of course anything sending or receiving radio transmissions.

Fly around low to the ground prior to a flight to ensure controls are working properly, nothing weird is going on, etc.

Calibrate compass with props off whenever changing flight location and of course do this away from: (see #2 above).

Turn your phone off or put it into airplane mode.

Don't wait for low battery warning to end flight. Take notice of voltage level prior to low battery warning and subsequently land before you get the warning.

Have a backup drone and crash insurance :)

8. st450r

st450r New Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Wow!! Yes new here. The guy was asking for help not guesses. We can blame it on operator error all you want. You should probably take in consideration these are electric & mechanical devices ( in which fail ) before you cut him or others down.
    You may understand one day. As soon as yours hits the ground. And im not here to make friends especially with people like you.

Peace,,,HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Yuneec-Forum.com mobile app

9. gnomad

gnomad Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    NTSB states over 90% of manned crashes are pilot error, what makes you think that a toy drone pilot is better qualified then a trained, tested, certified pilot at the controls of an aircraft that is basically disassembled inspected and put back together by trained, certified mechanics every 500 hours?

Pompous ass much?

PJP likes this.
  10. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

No need to get hostile here, the first post in this thread was light, not much information to work with. The member who started the thread, hasn't posted here since. Don't think it was anyone's intent to insult the man, just give some helpful advice, so he can start to enjoy the hobby a little quicker, less painful.

I had crashed my Q500 4k several times, one rebuild, 114 flights, before the final fatal. The last crash wasn't pilot error, but there may have be some prior damage, I never noticed. Cost of parts to repair is about half the cost of replacement, and lots of time. Don't have the tools to test motors or ESCs, do know one motor is bad, and the ESC would be suspect. Replaced it with a Q500+, and just use it as a flying video camera, nothing radical, just smooth gentle flights..

These drones do their own pre-flight tests, just like we should be doing a visual inspection. We get beeps, flashing lights, screen messages, but if it's a bad thing, it won't start. Just seems pilot error would be the most common cause of crashes. Even if you are an experienced pilot on one model, or brand, doesn't mean all that experience will translate to a different drone. Very minimum, it'll respond differently, maybe faster, maybe slower. Different buttons, will do different things. There just isn't much time for mistakes, while in the air, even less to correct and recover, if you can stay calm and focused.

11. Eric in Richardson Texas

Aug 24, 2018
    I have done some good flying with it after the pros at Fortress UAV gave me some hands on pointers. Most of my problems stem from pilot error. When it is working properly it is a joy to fly and a very powerful and stable platform. I am looking forward to getting some repairs done on it and getting some great video of our ranch and the wildlife on it. Thanks so much for the helpful tips and advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

12. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Member

May 29, 2015
    Male
    Ski Patrol
    Bessemer, MI
    Good to know you had a positive experience at KAV.
    I have explored many ways to crash as well. It's all part of the hobby. Here's my preflight that might be useful.
    Check:
    Props are locked
    Battery is locked and flush with the H
    Battery voltage on the display is 16.3 or higher
    Sat count on the H is at least 15, on the ST-16, 7 or more
    Switches in the correct position
    Open Hardware Monitor and test the sticks
    Stand 30' away from the aircraft
    Take off full throttle to 15', then test sticks.
    Land when the battery voltage reads 14.7
    If this is your first flight remove the camera until you can fly it well.

13. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    LOL! Touche'

14. freakndronegrl

freakndronegrl New Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Female
    Pretty sure I have some pucker worthy footage to add lmao err