ST10+ Can I Use My ST10+ with an FPV Drone

Discussion in 'ST10(+) Controller' started by Stitch-Up, Feb 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Stitch-Up

Stitch-Up Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Male
    Hello all,

I haven't been active in a while but maintained my Chroma in perfect condition.

Anyone know if I could use the ST10+ controlled with an FPV drone/kit that I might build when I retire soon?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but it could save me buying another controller.

Thanks

John

2. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

I think the St10 is not the best RC for a racer. You have no possibility to tune the channels and so on. Also it is not clear if it is fast enough to control a racer. And you must remove the centering spring at throttle stick.

Next problem:
    ST10 can only communicate with SR24 receiver. You must check if your flight controller can read the data from SR24 serial interface (Rx/Tx).
    I know that PX4 Autopilot can be compiled with SR24 support. If a dedicated PX4 flight controller or another flight controller can use this receiver is an open question. I never heard about that.

Options:
    - The fastest way to success is to buy a recommended RC depending on flight controller and receiver.
    - Use Chroma a fun drone. It is fast enough and can fly in acro mode or if this is too fast, in Stability mode which also makes fun.

br HE

3. Stitch-Up

Stitch-Up Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Male
    Thanks for the detailed reply.

I'll probably choose to buy a dedicated FPV controller.

Thanks again