CCC editor for Typhoon H User's guide

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Jagerbomb52, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Tags:
    skwty likes this.
  2. Ddr

Ddraiggoch Member

3. Jagerbomb52

He is French and very smart. You should be thanking him from the bottom of your heart for making this program instead making fun of him.

DroneClone, Mwelr, Jonas and 2 others like this.
  4. Jagerbomb52

Rigo likes this.
  5. Brl

Brlowe1965 New Member

Thanks for the editor. Is there a way to download the maps with the waypoints to the ST16 after making them? It would be great if we could save them to an SD card and then call them up in the field when we are ready to use them.

6. RikDingo

RikDingo New Member

Give a name to your mission file (for example : flyovertheforest)
    Then plug your ST16 controler (to your computer with an usb cable
    Then use your file browser to copy the downloaded file on your ST16 controler in the folder : Internal storage\flightmode\mission_data.

7. RikDingo

RikDingo New Member

hahahaaaaa.

YES : YAM (read carefully the notice....) YAM = YAW OF THE CAMERA according to yuneec

Ddraiggoch likes this.
  8. Batfire

Batfire Member

Outstanding Job RikDingo,

Thank you very much for all the hard work putting this together. I will try it soon on the H. I just recently got the H and will be working into flying it soon, to many projects. Will this have loitering capabilities at some point at each waypoint or do you think it necessary for use such as doing a 360 pan before moving on to next waypoint?

BTW Jagerbomb52 the Q flies great with the ST16, but... video not so great, very choppy. It's really designed for 720p download from H copter camera, not what I have with the CG03... Hey I look at it this way, I have an extra controller for the H team mode. LOL, and it was cheap enough for new Controller, I see they went back up in price since I got that one. Maybe someone will figure out how to make it work with smooth video soon on Q. I have not tried the ccc to Q500 yet which was the reason for getting it. Weather has not been acceptable for flying in NE lately, but falls coming.

Again Thank you for the hard effort in your spare time to put this together RikDingo. I look forward to using it quite often in the future.

Cheers

Batfire

9. kba

kbates New Member

While I've been impressed with my H's 'stock features', having Eric's CCC Editor now opens up a Whole New World for me and my H. I expect we'll see more and more web-based services (and 3rd party apps!) coming from our TyH community members as we all progress in our understanding of this bird's capabilities.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, Eric!

10. kba

kbates New Member

Batfire: have you had a chance to test the Team Mode with an ST-10 and ST-16 together? I was hoping that was possible, but haven't gotten it to work yet (I've only looked into it once or twice, but never could get them both connected at the same time...).

I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on that setup if you've gotten it to work that way :)

11. Jagerbomb52

I can't offer any help other then this little bit of information. The new firmware that just came out for the ST10+ one of the members has experience with code said it looked like Yuneec was setting the ST10+ up to be used for team mode with the typhoon H.

Could you not connect to the typhoon H camera (CGO3+) with the ST10+? I would have thought it would bind to the camera no problem.

12. kba

kbates New Member

I only did some quick tries using the 'Team Mode", which is set up for use with the Wizard. I don't recall at the moment, but I don't think I ever tried binding the CGO-3 to the ST-10 specifically. Or if I did I think I was able to get the camera view, but no control of gimbal with the ST-10. And since my H is in the shop right now, I can't use the CGO-3 I have sitting here feeling lonely all by itself on my work table :(

My preferred usage would be where I was piloting the Typhoon H using the ST-10 while my camera operator could have all the features of the ST-16 for the camera/gimbal operations. That way, I get to use the smaller and more 'comfy' Tx, while they get all the gimbal ctrls., larger and more responsive video screen/feed, etc. ;-)

13. Batfire

Batfire Member

Hi Jagerbomb52,

No, no the ST16 binds to the Q500 just fine and the CG03 camera on the Q but since the ST16 uses 720p from the H which uses the CG03+ this is where the problem lies..... the CG03 on Q does not put out 720p hd. So what you get is just a very choppy video. It is clear in hover but as soon as you move or yaw etc..... it chops out badly then comes back. I guess ha....this is why one is a CG03 and one is a CG03+. Now can you pop the CG03+ on the Q500 and then use that setup? No not that I can see, one is software diff other is hardware issue......sad would have made a great combo. Maybe in future some one will figure out how to make video work on the ST16 to CG03 camera seamlessly. Not my area of expertise.....

Cheers

Batfire

14. kba

kbates New Member

I would think/hope that the overall code base is similar enough to where they could set the ST-10 up as a Tx for the TyH at the minimum, but hopefully that applies to camera functions too. Wouldn't that be awesome to be able to use both 10 & 16 in 'either configuration'!

15. Batfire

Batfire Member

No sorry KBA but I have been very busy so haven't had time. Wanted to fly this weekend and test a few things but depends on the weather, more rain moving in. Cant stand this hot humid wet weather, that is why i move to new england to get away from that........ Will get back to you once I have had time to test but from what i understand 10 will work with St16 in team mode.

Please see this thread and it may answer most of your question KBA
    http://yuneecpilots.com/threads/will-the-st-10-work-with-the-typhoon-h-anyone-know-for-sure.1101/

Cheers

Batfire

16. Ddr

Ddraiggoch Member

I was not making fun of him.

I was commenting on Yuneecs use of YAM for camera yaw.

The humour (yes with a second 'U') was not in the least bit subtle except perhaps for someone rather parochial.

I was tempted to use the term inbred but the fact that it was meant as a metaphor to consanguinity might, probably, sail over many heads deterred me.

17. Bucho

Bucho New Member

Hi Rik Dingo,
    After doing what you say, how to launch the CCC mission since the ST16?

18. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

19. Jagerbomb52

20. Bucho

Bucho New Member

Rik Dingo said : "Give a name to your mission file (for example : flyovertheforest). Then plug your ST16 controler (to your computer with an usb cable. Then use your file browser to copy the downloaded file on your ST16 controler in the folder : Internal storage\flightmode\mission_data."

Can anybody précise, after doing what Rik said, how to launch the CCC mission in the ST16?
    Thanks.

Leon inkdemon likes this.