CG02+ gimble issue

Discussion in 'Help' started by naswifty, Dec 21, 2016.

1. nas

naswifty New Member

Tonight, I decided to fire up my Q500+ and record some Christmas lights in the neighborhood. When I powered it up, the little LED's inside the gimble flashed green/blue/red several times, and then it started a 3 tone, 5 note melody and twitches in sync with the tones. Camera lights up and I get a green light on the front, as well as a picture. I removed the cam/gimble and tried it on the steadygrip, and it does the same thing. I even tried installing the firmware for the camera off a SD card, but no change. Everything has been working fine. Drone hasn't been flown in a few months.
    does anyone have any idea whats wrong? it's done this a few times in the past, but miraculously "healed" itself....
    I'm baffled

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Was this happening just outside? One of the members had that happen outside in the colder weather but once brought inside it worked fine.

3. nas

naswifty New Member

I contacted YUNEEC and the gave me an RA# and had me send it to "Drone Nerds" in Florida. They looked it over and told me it had an issue with as chip on the board inside the camera, and that there was no replacement board to fix it. I contacted YUNEEC again in desperation and explained what the Nerds said, and they told me the WAS a replacement board, and issued me another RA# and said to ship it to Ontario, and that they'd either fix it or replace it. Now I just anxiously await the results...