Q500+ CG03 Camera Tilt

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Lambruceco, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Lambruceco

Lambruceco New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    - Connected CG02-GB Camera to handheld ProAction SteadyGrip. Camera will not stabilize and goes through a series of motions while the Camera is tilted down on the left side. I get the same result when connected to my Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ Drone, but when connected to the Drone, it has a continuous, audible loop of 5 beeps to the motion (1 Hi, 1 Mid, 3 quick Low tones, and the Camera moves to the tones). I did notice when the Camera was on the SteadyGrip, eventually an internal Camera LED eventually changed from Red to Green. The Drone was never crashed but it did get slightly bumped once with no visible damage.
    - This Drone has set for over a year now with this issue. I have even had it repaired and updated at an approved Yuneec Repair Center and they said it needs a new Camera. I have watched the comments on the forum to find something similar, and not much reported. Very frustrated with over $1,400 USD invested in this Drone. If I can't fix for a reasonable price, I'll be selling it for cheap and soon buy another Drone.
    - I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Gimbal board is out of calibration. New board and the cost of calibration is probably not practical.
    Have you tried the "45 deg tilt" trick? Tilt the drone backwards until it is resting on the rear of the drone and back end of the landing gear, and then turn on the drone. If the board is not TOO far out of calibration, the camera will initialize and perform normally until you turn it off. You have to repeat it each time you power up.

3. Lambruceco

Lambruceco New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Thank you for the reply. I have not heard about this trick. Would you recommend I go through the regular camera calibration first, and if not successful, try the tilt trick second?

4. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Either way. The calibration and the trick have no effect on each other. The GUI calibration will not hurt anything, but has never worked to resolve the issue for my cameras. It may work for yours.