CG03 Problems

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Tom Edgerton, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Tom Edgerton

Tom Edgerton New Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Male
    #1 Tom Edgerton, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
    I crashed my Q500 4K last Oct. It took me six months to find a new airframe and body for it!! All the electronics and motors were fine! The housing for the camera broke. The lens also appeared to be fine. After rebuilding it, I took it out for a flight test, minus the camera. It flew fine!! So I put the camera back on and went out and did a video. The quality of the video was as always, very good. But, the video has momentary freezing, and pixelating. It's as though it is isn't getting a good wifi signal! Anyone got any ideas how to fix this problem, short of spending the national budget on a new one??!! Thanks!!

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Does the recorded video on the SD card have freezing and pixilation, or is it just the on-screen video?

Kevlec likes this.
  3. Tom Edgerton

Tom Edgerton New Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Male
    The on screen (TX screen) video doesn't show any freezing or pixilation during the flight video. But, downloading the SD card into my PC, is when the problems show up. And I have tried a couple different SD cards.

4. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    You beat me to it. Bad SD cards are usually the main culprit.
    There are two more:
    1.) Corroded contacts in the SD card reader. This can sometimes be cleared by spraying some "plastic safe" contact cleaner on an SD card (preferably an old, cheap SD card). Then push it in and out of the reader a few times to break up and remove the contamination. If you don't have any plastic safe contact cleaner around, alcohol works pretty well.
    2.) The reader itself is going bad. It's part of the WIFI board, which means you would need a new WIFI board.

Kevlec likes this.
  5. Tom Edgerton

Tom Edgerton New Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Male
    Thank You!! I will give the SD card readers a good cleaning!! If it turns out that the WIFI board got messed up in the camera itself. Can I buy and replace just the board??

6. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Yes. The WiFi boards are fairly available on the internet. The board for the CGo3 and the CG03+ are the same thing, Part # (YUNCGO3P112SVC (CGO3+ WiFi Board and SD Card Reader).
    Some guidance for how to install the new board can be found in Attachment 2 (CGo3 Wi-Fi Board Replacement) of the PDF document attached to "https://yuneec-forum.com/threads/way-to-fix-drones-project.10229/".

Kevlec likes this.